3 months ago
We're Auckland Airport. The chances are you've already met us, driven into or flown out of our airport, or at least know friends or family who have. You may have wondered at times, how it all comes together. The short answer is, it's our people - The Journey Makers. We are all proudly contributing to making journeys better.
Our people come from remarkably different backgrounds, trades, and professions; we are terminal and airfield operators to property managers, engineers to carpenters, firemen to security, project managers to health and safety consultants. We are all proudly contributing to making journeys better.
The main purpose of this role is to manage the day-to-day financial transactions and preparation of monthly management accounts and audited financial statements with a particular focus on capital expenditure, fixed assets and repairs and maintenance.
Due to the high volumes and complex nature of the business this role requires experience in dealing with large amounts of data and a strong eye for detail. Communication is required with non-finance staff around the business as well as external parties, therefore strong communication and relationship building skills are essential.
Key Functions in this role:
* Prepare the financial month end process for capex and fixed assets.
* Prepare IP & PPE sections of the annual and interim financial statements.
* Produce high quality and easily understandable capex reports.
* Review assigned revenue and expense categories to ensure financial results are reliable and that transactions comply with company policy.
* Responsible for the capex ledger accounting and control processes.
* Subject matter expert on the impact of fixed asset / capex decisions.
* Key contact in the asset revaluation process.
To be successful in this role:
* Qualified Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA)
* Tertiary qualifications (or equivalent experience) in accountancy, finance or similar
* Minimum of 4 years practical accounting experience, including experience in a large commercial organisation or CA firm.
Applications for the role closes on the 26th April 2018
What are you waiting for? If you have what we’re looking for and you’re ready for your next challenge - come join The Journey Makers.