Zenon are currently searching for a Finance Systems Analyst with a strong systems and processes background to help our client deliver improved reporting in terms of speed, accuracy and relevance. This position is based at our clients head office in Hampshire.
This role will provide a link between finance and operations delivering high quality systems and financial operations data. This is a group wide role covering all geographies and divisions for a listed business, with growth plans.
The individual will need to influence stakeholders across the business, working closely with local Controllers and Finance Directors and operational management. The role reports into the Group Financial Controller.
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Hours: Full time Hours (40 hours per week)
Benefits: Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Travel Insurance, Group Health Scheme
Key Objectives and Deliverables
- To ensure all group companies and operations have the systems and processes to report on an accurate and timely basis in line with group reporting requirements – specifically this will include bringing group reporting to a new agreed timeframe using current accounting systems
- To ensure that monthly reporting and controlling processes are robust and effective, with appropriate internal controls in place – to include reconciliations performed monthly on all accounts, appropriate authorization and sign off of accounts, appropriate segregation of duties and transaction support and documentation
- To develop a suite of Key Performance Indicators (financial and non-financial) to help understand key drivers and enhance business performance
- Working closely with operations on development of non-financial KPIs
- Enhance the delivery system in terms of time, accuracy and relevance
- To develop robust system and process for operations and board reporting, including the PLC reporting
- To develop a Corporate Dash Board of key metrics both historical and forward looking to be available to key management
- To work with the group finance team on improvements in the consolidation processes for actual, budgeting and forecast reporting
- To work with operations finance teams on improvements in the operations reporting processes for actual, budgeting and forecast reporting
- To build cash reporting systems with the Treasury function for a daily dashboard
- To develop the accounting and operational systems and related financial processes to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- To ensure the finance systems are adequate to support the developing financial reporting requirements of the organisation.
- To provide finance systems technical and financial support to the Finance team, training other users. Proactively examining processes and seeking ways to improve, automate or otherwise extract efficiencies.
- Qualified Accountant – ACA, CIMA, ACCA.
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience.
- Systems proficiency in Microsoft office Excel, Word and Powerpoint to an advanced level and expertise in a variety of accounting and reporting software packages essential.
- Proven track record to assess areas of need, arrive at solutions to meet a variety of user’s needs, and project manage their development and implementation.
- Confident to gain the support of senior management to make systems changes and with a character able to manage potential reluctance to these changes from users.
- Technically strong, with a wide range of financial and management accounting expertise essential.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a complex operating environment and engender confidence through your involvement with department heads, senior management and financial staff.
- Confident individual with strong communication skills at all levels and across all disciplines.
- It is likely that the individual will currently be in a similar position, or a financial manager with a remit for managing financial IT systems.
Why Choose Zenon Aviation?
In the ever changing and dynamic market place, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with you application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to us in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with our Recruitment Consultant Ashley Ewen, please phone the office
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates with the right to work within the UK will be considered.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.