About Your Job
We are recruiting for a Finance Supervisor who will manage, handle and supervise Finance in our Vienna station in line with Qatar Airways policies and internal accounting procedures.
This role will involve supporting the costing, project management, financial planning and analysis. You will be involved with establishing and recommending operating procedures; establishing major schedules and tasking assignment within area of responsibility. You will also be involved in budgetary planning with focus on cost effectiveness & control.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Verifying invoices as per Finance policies and clearing the prepayment promptly.
- Understanding objectives of the company on Revenue targets, cost per unit and timelines.
- Verifying and preparing payment analysis for all major expenses.
- Controlling budget for the station and give monthly exception report through review of monthly cost center and reports.
- Working with business partners to prepare and pass accruals to ensure accurate financial accounting.
- Ensuring supplier invoices are processed and accounted accurately through Accounts Payable module.
- Assisting with the preparation of budget files for management review and preparing budget submission files.
- Ensuring daily sales/refunds are reported by ticketing offices, airport offices and collections are made 100% without shortage.
- Correctly maintaining VAT records and all supporting documentation and details of any items disallowed are appropriately filed.
- Ensuring payroll files are completed and submitted in line with third party payroll company deadlines and that payroll details are reviewed thoroughly and corrected before approval for disbursement.
To be successful in this role, you will need a Commerce degree, or similar, combined with a minimum of five years job-related experience. You will have a minimum of two years of experience within the aviation/airlines sector with strong expenditure or revenue accounting exposure. User level experience in an ERP, such as Oracle, is required. A professional accounting qualification such as CA, CPA, ACCA or similar is desirable.
Fluency in both English and German is essential to be considered for this role.