about 1 year ago
Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices. We employ over 800 staff across ten offices globally, and, having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at £1.4bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth. It’s a hugely exciting time for Skyscanner and the over 60m people who use us every month. We are unbiased and free, our secret is in our unique proprietary technology that connects people directly to everything the travel industry
We are seeking a Finance Executive, Sales Ledger to join us in Singapore and be part of our highly distributed global team.
What you can expect as a Finance Executive
* Collect open invoices from partners and maintain records in Sage X3 Accounting system
* Process month end invoices using in-house invoicing system and Sage X3
* Maintain active revenue accrual sheet and liaise with Commercial team to clear on an on-going basis and timely manner
* Raise Insertion Orders for advertising campaigns
* Track payments and invoices for Affiliate partners
* Liaise closely with Treasury team to confirm accurate posting of payments
* Ensure tax forms are completed for relevant partners
* Promptly resolve customers queries both internally and externally
* Prepare monthly and ad-hoc Aged Debt and Cash Collection Reports
What we are looking for
* Considerable practical experience within a Sales Ledger/Credit Control environment
* Good technical understanding of financial accounting software (Sage X3 ERP a plus, but not essential)
* Ability to communicate with peers, line managers and directors across the business
* Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with professional telephone manner
* Strong analytical mindset
* Proactively prioritise a heavy workload, it is essential that you can work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Ability to learn new systems quickly
* Excellent organisational skills
* Strong computer literacy, skilled in Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Capable of working effectively in a multicultural environment, recognising the challenges that exist within a truly diverse workplace
* Confident personality, mature with the ability to handle change
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success, as well as all the usual perks you would expect from barista machines to massage chairs, to free food, holiday buying scheme as well as frequent townhalls with our CEO. What we really aim for is a place where people can thrive, be trusted to make impact and ultimately help us put our users first.
What you will get in Singapore
Situated in the heart of Singapore’s central business district Robinson Road, our office is a hub for the Asia pacific markets and has seen and annual increase in traffic to the site of over 350% YOY. The team in Singapore is home to 13 different nationalities across the world and when we are not working hard to find users and partners we can either be found admiring the view from our office or enjoying refreshing drinks nearby at Singapore’s famous Boat Quay. With space to hire many more staff we are excited to welcome our new recruits.
Skyscanner can offer you large scale, complex problems where you can reach 60 million users whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment where you can thrive.
Join us now.