Closing Date: 09/10/2019
Leonardo Helicopters part of the multi-national Leonardo Group is a world leader in the design, manufacture and support of helicopters. We have a great heritage and pride ourselves both on our reputation for excellence and for providing opportunities for our people. Here is your chance to become part of the success story.
We are looking for a talented Finance Analyst to join our UK team based at our Yeovil site in the South West of England.
Employment benefits include a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme, the opportunity to join an award winning pension scheme, free car parking, employee discount scheme, an on-site Occupational Health Service, flexible working, flexi -leave scheme and a generous relocation package.
- To prepare financial costing and pricing of bids for submission to customers from raw cost information.
- To understand, analyse and communicate the financial position of all relevant bids to the business and appropriate auditing authorities.
- To provide financial analysis of bids and new business initiatives.
- To ensure bids are costed in accordance with UK Single Source Contracting Legislation, international Government Regulations and Company Policies.
- To provide the business the financial baseline on contract award.
- Meet the needs of key stakeholders in the provision of timely, accurate and consistent information and the analysis on the financial impacts of major new business opportunities.
- Prepare bids on own from £2k to £250m.
- Team member or bids £250+m. (can be in excess of £1 bn).
- Complex bids can be for services or products across multiple legal entities in an international environment.
- Overall co-ordination of cost proposals that may involve up to 50 staff across the company.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Ability to deal with complex financial modelling in a time pressured environment. These models may be for multiple contracts, with multiple currencies and be required for numerous periods. This will require advanced spreadsheet skills.
- Interpersonal and team skills (ability to effectively communicate and interact at all levels within the Company). requirement to be able to represent the company through engagement with customers and partners within the financial framework. This will include the MoD PT, MoD CAS and other customers as required by the business units.
- A flexible approach to work and an ability to work in multi-functional teams.
- Willingness to travel as required, and to work outside normal working hours to meet the deadlines.
- Knowledge of ProPricer / ProBidder useful but not essential.
- A high level of commercial awareness and the ability to liaise with senior project managers, commercial, engineering, manufacturing and supplier organisations as necessary.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- As the role sits within Finance (AFC) it would be beneficial to hold a formal accounting qualification (e.g. CIMA), however this is not essential provided education is to degree standard or qualified with sound relevant experience.
Please note that applications will only be accepted if you are eligible to live and work in the UK. We are not a Tier 2 Visa sponsoring Company. This role may also require the successful candidate to hold full UK MoD Security Clearance.