4 months ago
Final Thesis within Health Monitoring
Airbus Helicopters Donauwörth
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you looking for a final year project? Would you like to discover the work within Health and Usage Monitoring Systems? Then apply now! We look forward to you joining us at Airbus Helicopters.
Start: Spring/Summer 2018
Duration: 6 months
Vibration data is key to assess helicopter component conditions and to detect component degradations and anomalies. For improving Health and Usage Monitoring System (HUMS) reliability and anomaly detection, Airbus Helicopters HUMS department seeks a highly motivated candidate for the development of bearing dynamic models for refined vibration response predictions.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your exciting topic:
* Literature research of dynamic models of rolling elements bearings
* Familiarization with existing model characteristics
* Improvement of a suitable bearing model for dynamic response predictions
* Detailed sensitivity study of specific response features to component mechanical parameters
* Experimental validation of the results based on available data
* Enrolled student (m/f) within Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering/Avionics or similar field of study
* Keen learner perception skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Experience in MATLAB preferable
* English: fluent
* German: fluent
You are a good team player, have excellent communication skills, and are able to work independently.