7 days ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
We are currently seeking a full-time Final Inspector at our Manchester, CT facility.
The Inspector position is primarily responsible for inspecting and recording dimensions of aerospace components per process sheets, Inspection reports, Blueprints and applicable specifications utilizing specified gages and methods to ensure the quality requirements are met prior to presenting the final aerospace component to the customers.
* Review all raw material and processing certifications IAW Customer and PO requirements.
* Utilize Material Release database to document quality review/activities.
* Visual and dimensional verification (inspection) to requirements utilizing: micrometers, calipers, bore gages, thread gages, and other inspection equipment as required.
* Review and acceptance of Travelers to assure all sign-off complete and revision levels are to Operation Book Requirements.
* Presentation of inspected/received parts to various customer representatives
* Initiation of Discrepancy Reports, internal and external for products not meeting drawing requirements.
* Perform tasks as assigned by Supervisor and/or Team Leader.
* Ability to lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to stand or sit for extended period of time.
* Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
* Frequent twisting and bending.
Unusual Environmental Conditions:
* Loud machining environment; exposure to aerospace metals, lubricants, and chemicals.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
* Safety glasses/shields, appropriate manufacturing closed toed footwear, gloves, hearing protection may be required or other protective equipment as needed.
* US Citizen or green card holder.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Ability to read and interpret blue prints
* Minimum of 1 Year of machining inspection experience. Aerosapce experience desired.
* Familiar with ISO / AS9100 requirements.
* Basic math or industrial mathematics.
* Good written and verbal skills.
* Basic computer skills.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
* Solid problem solving skills required.
* Solid organizational skills required.
Indicate those states that describe the process by which this position solves problems. Show the % that the relevant statement represents of all problem solving. The sum of percents indicated for each category should equal 100%. For each relevant statement give an example of a problem and the method of resolution.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.