6 months ago
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment on board. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
The Landing System division of UTC Aerospace has an opportunity for a Final Inspector II for 2nd shift. This shift may require training on 1st shift. The selected individual will ensure that the quality of UTC suppliers, products and process are compliant with internal and regulatory standards and are continuously improving. The Final Inspector will use predetermined methods, operation, setups and prescribed specifications to inspect arriving, in process and completed products for conformance to engineering requirements. You will need to use variety of measuring devices, testing equipment’s, and statistical control process. Perform in- process, final bench and product feature inspections. Inspects actual products on the floor and online. Perform First Article Inspection (FAI) and conformity inspections. This position is for a Final Inspector who works under supervision.
This position is for a Final Inspector who works under supervision. This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
* Perform visual and dimensional inspection of major and minor components.
* Perform inspection of landing gear assemblies
* Perform final acceptance of overhaul documentation to ensure compliance with approved technical data (including return to service.)
* Files documents and maintain quality assurance record systems as required
* Coordinate with Engineering/Survey and Repair to determine compliance and rework process to return component to airworthiness status
* Basic skills in the use of measuring instruments
* Knowledge of measuring instruments used to check O.D. and I.D. dimensions
* Interpret and work from blueprints, overhaul manuals, customer specification, purchase orders, certification, written and verbal instructions
* Basic computer Skills
* 2-4 years of landing gear or aviation experience
* A & P Mechanic License preferred
Education: HS Diploma or AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
A & P Mechanic License preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.