Composite Final Fitters
New Exciting contract opportunity for a Composite Final Fitters based in Surrey!!
Role Purpose: To build prototype and production furnishing units. To perform all aspects of fitting skills within closely specified tolerances associated with this type of work.
Key Authorities and Responsibilities:
- Manufacture all types of Furnishing units from sub-assembly panel stage to Final completion.
- Working with minimum of supervision using own initiative
- Report and help solve any manufacturing problem that may occur
- Actively participate and contribute to continuous improvement through Lean Processes.
- Willingness to participate in improvement activity across the business
- Must embrace change and be willing to adopt new skills to support all areas of the business
- To be flexible in a team oriented environment
- Building units to a high quality specification and to tight deadlines
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Time served as an engineering apprentice.
- Previous or similar product knowledge in Galley and monument final build.
- Good level of Maths and English.
- The ability to use all types of air tools, hand tools, and precision measuring equipment associated with this work.
Prime Working Relationships:
- Operations Managers and Supervision, Engineering (when necessary) and value stream colleagues
- Ability to read and work from Engineering Drawings
- Must posses a positive can do attitude
- Must have the ability to work without supervision in a multi functional team
- Must be prepared to undertake all reasonable requests as determined by the business needs
- Must implement and maintain a safe environment for employees and immediately raise Health & Safety concerns to management in compliance with the company Health & Safety procedure
- Must be prepared to participate in business improvement initiatives when scheduled
- Expected to ensure the working department is clean and presentable at all times
- Flexible to be able to work overtime and change shift pattern at short notice
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.