8 months ago
GE Additive is seeking a driven and talented individual to serve as a Field Service Engineer supporting customer requirements as it relates to installation, maintenance and service of metallic additive systems on customers' site / property. These activities contribute to, maintain, repair and refurbish sold or existing products
In addition, as the Field Services Engineer, you will:
* Act as the single point of contact to the customer for timely and satisfactory resolution of concerns covering a wide variety of support services offered for assigned region, product, or coverage area
* Responsible for knowledge of assigned region, coverage area, or product lines, their associated configuration installations, and represents the most direct access to all appropriate internal functions to support the customer
* Establish and maintain contact to provide on-going technical and business support to assigned customers in designated geographic region or coverage area
* Major contribution to the development of an operational year plan for own department activities of the team
* Suggests improvements in products, processes and procedures
* Works together with people from the business unit
* Contacts are under guidance and / or geared towards specifying activities, planning of activities and giving explanations on technical issues
* Works on the basis of predefined contracts and frameworks
* Some latitude to deviate from those conditions
* Installation, maintenance and service of our 3D metal printing systems
* Documentation of service requirements according to specifications
* Customer support in the application of our 3D metal printing systems
* PLEASE NOTE: Preferred location is Detroit, MI. However, Other US locations may be considered such as Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, and Indiana
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Services)
* Ability and willingness to travel intensively (75% and up)
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* PLEASE NOTE: Preferred location is Detroit, MI. However, other US locations may be considered such as Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, and Indiana
* Trained electrical or mechanical engineering technician
* Experience in the 3D printing area
* Fluency in the English Language - Oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently
* Team player and flexible Good PC skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Strong problem solving skills
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin; Detroit
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.