6 months ago
The Field Service Representative will provide on-site technical assistance to commercial and military customers, meeting both business and contractual objectives. Additionally, while acting as a liaison between the GE factory and the customer, the FSR will support the operation, management, repair, installation, and maintenance of their assigned propulsion system products.
In addition, as the Field Service Representative, you will:
* Provide interpretation of data and technical instructions
* Provide technical assistance in the identification of and instructions on the use of special tools and handling equipment
* Recommend and develop local informal training programs in support of maintenance and troubleshooting tasks
* Review reported malfunctions and assist with fault analysis
* Provide technical assistance and support to resolve maintenance problems
* Review effectiveness of maintenance actions to identify training needs and improve maintenance practices
* Assist customer with logistics tasks including work scope reviews, maintenance scheduling, data recording and hardware tracking / availability
* Understand the operation of business tools to assist the customer in areas such as spare parts ordering, issue resolution, provisioning, & other business processes
* Apply Six Sigma analytical tools to assist the customer with root cause analysis, issue resolution and trend analysis
* Demonstrate best methods of disassembling, repairing and assembling engines and engine components
* Serve as liaison between customer and factory personnel related to maintenance, logistical and operational tasks
* Clear and concise reporting of field events to GE Product Support Engineering (PSE)
* Proactive engagement with activities aimed towards reduced customer cost of ownership
* Applies business skills to drive customer satisfaction & product performance to enhance business growth
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university (or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a field service / maintenance position as a Military Field Service Representative)
* Minimum of 3 years of field maintenance, modification, and repair experience on propulsion system products
* Ability and willingness to travel as required
* Ability and willingness to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Secret Clearance
* Ability and willingness to relocate to domestic or international locations to support the needs of the business
* Strong customer interaction and oral/written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Proven analytical and quality improvement ability
* Experience with CT7 turboshaft engines and installations
* Demonstrated proficiency in repair troubleshooting, shop operations and testing of assigned programs / hardware
* Ability to work with and make formal presentations to all levels of maintenance, engineering and management
* Project management experience
* Demonstrated ability to lead and influence GE customers and peers
* Possess knowledge of the learning process and how to transfer technical knowledge to less qualified personnel including; the ability to express thoughts in both oral and written communications
* Possess the ability to work independently, without technical guidance and to perform all required work tasks
* Possess a high degree of tact, diplomacy and ability to work and cooperate harmoniously with customer personnel
GE is one of the largest employers in the U.S., with its global headquarters based in Fairfield, CT and 134,000 U.S. employees as of the end of 2012. Our facilities range from Thomas Edison’s original factory in Schenectady, New York, where over a thousand employees work today to build the latest generation of steam turbines and generators, to a GE Aviation plant in Durham, North Carolina, where hundreds of employees will make fuel-efficient, advanced technology jet engines. These locations exemplify an industrial renaissance that is happening in the U.S., driven by advanced manufacturing techniques, ground-up innovation, supporting thousands of new jobs, and making products for export. Want to be part of the renaissance? Join us today.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. Learn More about GE
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Louisiana; Lafayette, Houma
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.