Leonardo Helicopters part of the multi-national Leonardo Group is a world leader in the design, manufacture and support of helicopters. We have a great heritage and pride ourselves both on our reputation for excellence and for providing opportunities for our people.
Employment benefits include a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme, the opportunity to join an award winning pension scheme, free car parking, employee discount scheme, an on-site Occupational Health Service, flexible working, flexi -leave scheme and a generous relocation package.
Here is your chance to become part of the success story:
We are looking for a talented Field Service Operative -Electrical / Av please add job title here xxx to join our UK team based at our Yeovil site in the South West of England.
As a Field Service Operative -Electrical / Av, your main purpose is to provide Technical Advice and Certify maintenance work within the scope of company issued approvals on company Helicopter Products / Components operating/ situated Worldwide. Deliver 1st class services within the scope of contract to cost, schedule and quality targets meeting the expectation and to the satisfaction of customers globally
Key Responsibility Areas
· As an FSO, your prime function and role will focus on the CWP (Contractor Working Party) requirements assigned to the LH (UK) Field Service department , assisting to discharge the company's 'on-aircraft' (customer and company owned) work obligations at locations worldwide.
· CWP support operations will include but not be limited to; Aircraft maintenance in support of Aircraft flying operations to include Experimental Trials, Air Shows, Pilot Training and Customer Demonstrations; Discreet maintenance packages up to including depth level; Aircraft Modifications and Repair.
· Whilst on deployed operations you will work under the supervision of the assigned senior Field Service Representative (FSR) who will have overall responsibility for fulfilling the CWP assigned objectives. As an FSO under the direction of the coordinating FSR you will assume the following responsibilities:-
· Assist with the preparatory requirements of CWP deployments by assessing in detail CWP team composition requirements (Trade, Skills, Work and Inspection Approval ….etc); Identification of any additional training needs; Support documentation requirements; Host facility surveys /assessments; GSE and Tooling requirements; Material supplies and CWP travel arrangements.
· You will be expected to interact with customers / departments internal and external to the company to progress CWP plans. You will be required to monitoring the progress of work to the agreed schedule and budgets, ensuring effective communications are maintained throughout and deficiencies, issues and concerns are promulgated in a timely fashion.
· Manage the day to day deployed work requirements within the scope of the pre-defined Statement of Work, ensuring resources at your disposal are utilised efficiently and effectively. You will be responsible for ensuring that all work performed by the CWP comply with the LH company Operating procedures and local host rules.
· You will hold and maintain company inspection approval on 'in-production' / 'out-of-production' aircraft that will enable you to inspect and certify work on customer and company aircraft. You will be required in some instances to self-certify your own work. The range of work will include, but not be restricted to, Modifications, Repairs, Support to Flying and Depth maintenance operations. You may also be required to hold supplementary approvals with regard weapons /stores loading, NDT and refrigerant approvals.
· You will also be expected to provide a level of On-Job-Training (OJT) to company and customer staff to enhance their knowledge company products (Note: within scope of respective trade / type approval held).
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
· You will have served a recognised aeronautical apprenticeship or have equivalent military training.
· Proven experience in a supervisory role is essential.
· Current experience on either the Lynx, AW159 or the EH/AW101 product is essential.
· You will currently (or held within the last 12 months) be in possession of an inspection authorisation up to system clearance level within your respective trade on one or more of the aforementioned aircraft types (Military or Industry based inspection authorisation. Clearance to flight level would be advantageous.
· Any other LH helicopter product experience (Military or Civil) would be advantageous. This experience can relate to Aircraft Maintenance (At Forward or Depth level), Aircraft Build/Flight, Modification, Repair & Overall in either a Mechanical or Electrical/Avionics trade discipline.
· Previous overseas working experience, cross-culture and complex environment awareness will be advantageous, but not essential.
· A level of computer literacy will also be required.