Morson has an exciting opportunity for two Field Service Officers (Avionics)with either Wildcat or Merlin experience for an on going contract based in Yeovil, Somerset but with a view to being able to travel through out UK and worldwide to Clients sites at short notice
As an FSO, you will focus on the CWP (Contractor Working Party) requirements assigned to the Leonardo Helicopter Division (UK) Field Service department at locations worldwide.
CWP support operations include: Aircraft maintenance in support of Aircraft flying operations to include Experimental Trials, Air Shows, Pilot Training and Customer Demonstrations Maintenance Aircraft Modifications and Repair.
As an FSO under the direction of the coordinating Field Service Representative you will assume the following responsibilities:-
* Prepare for CWP deployments: Assess team composition requirements identify any additional training establish support documentation host facility surveys /assessments identify GSE and Tooling requirements Material supplies and CWP travel arrangements.
* Interact with internal and external departments to progress CWP plans: You will be required to monitor the progress of work to the agreed schedule and budgets, ensure effective communications are maintained throughout and deficiencies, issues and concerns are promulgated in a timely fashion.
* Manage the day to day deployed work requirements within the scope of the pre-defined Statement of Work, ensuring resources are utilised efficiently and effectively. You will be responsible for ensuring that all work performed by the CWP comply with the Client company Operating procedures and local host rules.
* Hold and maintain company inspection approval on 'in-production' / 'out-of-production' aircraft to enable you to inspect and certify work on customer and company aircraft. You will be required in some instances to self-certify your own work. The range of work will include, but not be restricted to, Modifications, Repairs, Support to Flying and Depth maintenance operations. You may also be required to hold supplementary approvals with regard weapons /stores loading, NDT and refrigerant approvals.
* Provide a level of On-Job-Training (OJT) to company and customer staff to enhance their knowledge company products (Note: within scope of respective trade / type approval held).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Proven experience in a supervisory role is essential.
* Current experience on either the Lynx, AW159 or the EH/AW101 product is essential.
* You will currently (or held within the last 12 months) be in possession of an inspection authorisation up to system clearance level within your respective trade on one or more of the aforementioned aircraft types (Military or Industry based inspection authorisation. Clearance to flight level would be advantageous.
* Previous overseas working experience, cross-culture and complex environment awareness will be advantageous, but not essential.
* A level of computer literacy will also be required.
MOBILITY / FLEXIBILITY
* You will be expected to respond at short notice to work requirements in the UK and Overseas for extended periods and be able to operate to irregular work routines and extended hours when the need arises.
* You will be expected to undergo regular medical assessments to ensure global fitness to travel and be prepared to undergo treatments / inoculations as prescribed by the Occupational Health Centre (OHC) to protect health for specific overseas travel events. You will also be required to disclose (to OHC personnel) any medical conditions that you have that could affect your ability to travel.
* To support your mobility you will need to be in possession and maintain a full European driving licence and be in possession of a valid passport for the duration of employment. In both cases the details of the driving licence and passport will need to be made available to the client line management at their request (Note: Data protection requirements will be observed).
Please send Cv or ring Sue Orr onfor more details