5 months ago
Field Service Engineer (IT Infrastructure)
Req #: 220258
Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD US
Job Category: Engineering and Technical Support
Minimum Security Clearance: Secret
What You’ll Get to Do:
* Responsible for the installation of customer designed multi-service telecommunications transport systems.
* Provide support for customer required Operations and Maintenance (O&M) activities; i.e. circuit restorations, circuit activations, circuit troubleshooting, infrastructure repair; system relocations, etc.
Responsible for the installation, termination, and testing of cable connections between the various on-site customers and the Transport system during an installation or O&M project. These connections consist of both fiber and copper cables.
* Responsible for the installation of conduit, ladder racks, demarcation boxes, power runs, breaker panels, breakers, and any other infrastructure needs to support a Transport system installation or O&M project.
* Responsible for interpreting and utilizing Transport system inter-connect (IC) drawings or wiring schematics to ensure that the Transport system is cabled correctly for customer access, network management, and aggregated transport of data during a Transport system or O&M project.
* Responsible for relocating all existing customers during a Transport system or O&M project onto the new Transport system with minimal customer interference and downtime; this includes assisting in the planning for customer transition times, customer readiness determination, and customer technical support.
* Responsible for providing effective communication of all activities, issues, concerns, and needs on a daily and weekly basis during a Transport system installation or O&M project. Ensuring that all project documentation is filled out completely, grammatically correct, factual, and delivered in a timely fashion. Further, the technician is responsible for communicating the details of any Transport system installation or O&M activity to on-site customer prior to commencement of activities, as well as briefing the customers when the project is complete.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* SECRET Security Clearance (TS/SCI must be obtainable)
* A Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years experience (additional experience/education may be substituted for degree)
* Cisco/Microsoft/Security + certifications
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Aberdeen Proving Ground-MD-BALTIMORE
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.