6 months ago
* 10-May-2019 to 10-Jun-2019 (EST)
* (Wrong Number? 04.16.Procurement Cabin
* Herndon, VA, USA
* Full Time
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defence as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Supply Chain Development Manager
The successful candidate will join the Procurement Operations department and will be in charge of implementing Recovery, Development and Assessment assignments at supplier sites.
This position requires high flexibility for extensive (70 to 80%) business travel throughout the USA (and potentially Canada and Mexico). The candidate will use a variety of Airbus and Industry standardized tools and techniques.
In order to deliver results in compliance with our business objectives, the successful candidates will be leading these assignments to:
- Enhance supplier relationships by supporting them in building and delivering continuous improvement plans and/or roadmaps.
- Deliver robustness throughout the Airbus supply chain including sub-tiers
- Restore & secure supplier quality and on-time delivery to the required level
- Improve supplier performance by implementing advanced actions
- Improve Supply Chain efficiency by eliminating waste
- Report regularly and managing feedback to internal customers and stakeholders
- Contribute to anticipate recurring supplier quality issues and initiate preventive measures
- Support the improvement of internal Airbus processes.
The successful candidates must have a relevant degree or equivalent qualification in a related subject area and a solid experience (5 to 10 years) preferably in one or more of the following areas: Procurement, Supply Chain, Program management, Manufacturing or Lean.
The core technical skills of Airbus Supplier Development Managers are:
* Suppliers Recoveries and Crisis Management
* APQP and 6 sigma
* Operations management (MRP, APICS/CPIM certification)
* Practical Problem Solving
* Lean methodologies
* Transfers of Work between Production sites and/or to other countries
* Capacity Assessments
* Supply Chain Operations
* Industrial Capability and maturity assessments
* Project management skills
The core soft skills and values include:
* Strong leadership & communication skills,
* Assertiveness and diplomacy
* Ability to work comfortably in shop floor areas and in executive meetings
* Negotiation level in English and other languages are an asset.
* Respect, agility, goal oriented, courage and trust.
As a leader in our field, Airbus in America provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.