4 months ago
Field Engineer Sr - Aircraft simulation, Visual systems and Computer Networking
Job ID: 452903BR Date posted: Oct. 09, City: Orlando State: FloridaProgram: F-16 EAF PTE
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
The Egyptian Air Force requires two locally networked ULT systems to support EAF pilot training in the F-16 Block 52 configuration. The ULT has a high-fidelity F-16 Block 52 cockpit, an Instructor Operator Station (IOS), and a visual display system. This is an unaccompanied duty position.
The successful candidate will support the installation of F-16 Block 52 Pilot Training Equipment (PTE) in Egypt at Cairo West AFB. The candidate will provide technical analysis and assisting EAF maintenance personnel in the operation and support of the EAF F-16 PTE. Normal work schedule is 8 hours per day, 6 days on 3 days off.
Initial training and system familiarization will be in Orlando. Fl. Prior to transitioning to Cairo West AFB.
Individual duties and responsibilities include:
The LM RMS Technical Representative (TR) has a primary function to assist the EAF maintainers as required in the maintenance and repair activities of the ULTs. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in resolving all technical issues that arise during day-to-day operations related to maintenance and support of the equipment.
• Assist the EAF with ULT training tasks such as simulator operation and troubleshooting problems during training missions.
• Assist, and perform as required preventative maintenance, installation tasks, operational and general maintenance, inspection and repair of the ULT’s and support equipment.
• Assist in providing On-the–Job-Training (OJT) and/or theoretical training on various tasks to EAF personnel as required.
• Perform installation and checkout of modification or retrofit kits and advise the EAF of the ULT specific changes/upgrades and any additional maintenance tasks associated with the changes.
• Act as the liaison through which information related to maintenance and operational problems and quickly communicate issues back to an engineering team via Field Service Reports (FSR) for review and resolution.
• Provide and demonstrate good security, safety and quality assurance practices to EAF personnel.
• Coordinate with the EAF technicians on a daily/weekly basis to ensure ULTs are properly configured and available to support scheduled training on specified dates and times.
• Site Administration:
*Comply with all applicable and appropriate corporate policies and procedures.
*Maintain contractor work areas in a neat and orderly manner.
*Interact/coordinate with EAF personnel on a daily/weekly basis to ensure technical training quality expectations are met.
*Review daily pre- and post-operational reports, parts requests, maintenance action forms; issue forms, parts receipts, failure reports, and other administrative reports.
*Submit weekly reports to program management office in Orlando, FL.
*Coordinate, track and ship reparable assets with logistics in Orlando, FL.
- Must be able to perform with minimum guidance and direction.
- Five years of technical experience with flight simulators and/or large multi-computer simulation system maintenance. Or equivalent experience with the installation and/or maintenance of large computer systems and networks.
-Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Network+ Certification or equivalent experience
- Experience with asset management and/or procurement of repair parts, spares and services in support of a weapons system in a Simulation Training or like environment
- Experience with newer line of LCD and LED Projection Systems and Integrated Display Systems.
- 2 years BLK 50 F16 simulator experience
- Experience with networked simulators employing DIS or HLA.
- 5-7 years technical experience with a weapons system, avionics system, or simulation training system. Experience must include hands-on troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Security + Network Certification
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS Relocation Available: Yes Career Area: Technicians Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week Shift: First