8 months ago
TMC is the leader in active floor vibration and electromagnetic interference isolation technology serving major research centers, OEM and end-user semiconductor manufacturers, university research laboratories, life science companies, and nanotechnology labs. We are a unit of AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electro-mechanical devices with annualized sales over $4.5 billion.
TMC is undergoing exciting growth. Put your skills and expertise to work on challenging initiatives alongside accomplished colleagues from our Peabody MA office. Work in a supportive environment headed by a dynamic leadership team.
We are actively seeking qualified candidates in the following area: Field Application Engineer
In this position, you will visit primarily US based customers to perform Environmental Surveys for
Electron Microscopes and other sensitive equipment. Your data analysis and detailed report will guide customers with regards to noise mitigation and identifying suitable laboratory spaces.
Additionally, you will support new active product system installs, perform optimization and certification and occasionally provide troubleshooting and repair services on TMC’s line of advanced products.
This role is responsible for handling all aspects of application service support including: communications between customers and TMC sales and service department, detailed preparation of written reports and documentation. You must be able to work independently with strong customer service values and think critically to resolve technical issues on a variety of electrical and electromechanical instruments.
• Perform Environmental Surveys including floor vibration measurements, room magnetic field measurements and acoustic measurements at customer sites and prepare detailed technical reports documenting surveys
• Maintain and develop positive client relationships
• Develop and expand the current survey capabilities to better suit customer needs
• Assist Service group with new product installations and service on existing products like Stacis III, Stacis iX, SEM-Closure, Electro-Damp, Mag-NetX, PEPS II, Everstill and micro-G
• Travel worldwide to perform duties. Most travel will be in North America with occasional travel to Europe, Asia and south/central America
• Assist Quality, R&D and Engineering Department in diagnosing and debugging problems and evaluating of new products
• B.S. or higher in mechanical engineering or related field
• 2-4 Years of experience in related field
• Familiarity with data acquisition systems, FFT analysis and oscilloscopes
• Strong electrical, mechanical and pneumatic aptitude and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to travel, work independently and be flexible regarding changes in schedule
• The ability to perform under critical deadlines and time constraints
• Self-motivated and an effective team player
• Effective communication skills, both orally and written, with technical and non-technical individuals.
• Proficiency in English
• Ability to stand, bend, and reach with both hands as necessary, and capable of lifting up to 50 lbs
• Ability to bend, squat, crawl, reach and maneuver in tight spaces
• Expected travel 50 – 70%
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.