4 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Plan Facilities projects (including but not limited to furniture installations and construction) at Burlington and/or Don Mills sites and co-ordinate all resources in order to accomplish goals within time, cost and established quality and code standards
* Regularly monitor report and communicate project progress and budget.
* Liaise with user groups, designers, contractors, Finance and Procurement to define, document, and manage requirements through budget and procurement process
* Maintain corporate facility standards in daily operations as well as project management.
* Prepare and participate in annual corporate Facilities audit and provide support documentation for any other required corporate or third party audits (e.g. EH&S)
* Respond to inquiries related to the operation of facilities and facility asset both regular and emerging
* Preparation of annual regulatory reports (e.g. energy) as required.
* Co-ordinate and monitor effective execution of supplier contracts, ensuring value and ROI
* Working with maintenance personnel, develop equipment database and schedule for preventive maintenance planning to ensure compliance with Corporate Facilities requirements and reliable and consistent building operations
* Proficient in MS Office Suite
* Strong organizational and leadership skills
* Strong negotiation skills with internal and external customers
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Team player with ability to develop strong working relationships with management and support staff
* Customer service focus
* Ability to adapt/respond quickly to changing requirements and effectively balance priorities to meet deadlines
* Ability to read architectural/construction/design layout drawings
Experience & Education Requirements
* Minimum 5-10 years’ experience
* Undergraduate or Community College degree
* CFM or other Facilities/Building Operations/Property Management designation or program registration leading to designation or equivalent Facilities related work experience in production and office environments
* Must have experience in office/ production and factory relocation
* Some travel between Burlington and Don Mills offices is required
* Some after-hours work is required to manage on-site contractors/emergencies
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
* CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division L-3 Wescam