3 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating®.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston and Washington (Dulles), and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Stephenville, N.L., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Manager, Facilities and Ground Service Equipment with daily oversight from the Lead, Facilities and Equipment; the Facilities Aircraft Groomer is responsible for the general cleaning and upkeep of Porter Aircraft.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Dust, wipe/disinfect all surfaces on aircraft (lavatory, seats, table trays, back galleys, overhead bins, etc)
* Gather and empty trash and recycling from all areas in aircraft
* Service, clean, and supply restrooms on board
* Stocking paper products and customer comfort items on aircraft
* Cleaning/vacuuming carpets on aircraft
* Carpet wash
* Clean and maintain equipment after each use
* Operate Airside vehicle safely
* Position requires flexibility to work fixed or rotating shifts based on the needs of the operation
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Poilices
* Other duties as assigned
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* Ability to communicate clearly and follow direction including the use of two-way radio if required.
* G license with clean driving history and abstract
* Excellent physical condition, ability to lift up to 50 lbs if required
* Must be able to work in varied weather conditions
* Ability to operate various cleaning equipment (carpet cleaning machine, vacuums and related power equipment as needed).
* Dependability (must have a clear attendance record and reliable on-time reporting for work)
* Ability to obtain and hold required security clearances
* Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport - YTZ
* Post Date December 17, 2018
* Reference ID 37-66-48