3 months ago
Gate Gourmet is the world's largest independent provider of catering services for airlines and are the core business behind gategroup, whose eleven associated brands offer customers a comprehensive scope of products and services for virtually any on-board need. We provide more than 200 million meals a year to our 270-plus customers at some 120 airport locations around the globe.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading and delivering the maintenance and compliance of all equipment and facilities within the unit. You will also act as the key liaison with external contractors and regulatory agencies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead and support the maintenance team ensuring adequate training is in place, processes are in place to protect the workforce and appraisals are carried out.
* Preparation and execution of the sites capital business plan.
* Continuously identify opportunities for improvement in services, products and systems to secure maximum efficiencies.
* Developing & managing maintenance services budgets.
Liaising with contractors when required and establishing and maintaining service contracts.
* Ensures maintenance compliance to statutory Health & Safety regulation.
* Responsible for managing maintenance and project priorities and scheduling of workloads for subcontractors.
* Provide reports and recommendations on capital expenditure to replace or upgrade equipment.
* Provide weekly reports on works carried out and performance of in-house and external contractors.
* Establish and maintain a works order process for transparency of jobs and volumes to enable feedback to the management teams on progress of work.
* Embracing and promoting continuous improvement and a desire for world class performance.
* Management of the unit permit procedures for staff & sub-contractors, including assessment of method statements and risk assessments where required.
* Observes the safety standards and procedures of the unit at all times and ensures that they are maintained in order to safeguard the safety of staff, visitors and installations.
* Co-ordination of agreed expenditure with the unit manager.
Undertake special ad hoc projects as required/necessary.
* Carryout works to site plant.
* Work with the security teams to ensure compliance to CAA regulations.
* Ensure all staff training and refreshers are to date.
Maintain team’s personnel files in liaison with HR.
Educated to a degree level
Some relevant experience in Facilities Management.
Experience within the aviation / airport industry or within the food industry would be preferable, but not essential.
Knowledge / experience in Line management, Continuous improvement, including TPM, 5S
Project management and Budget management experience
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
Good understanding of Local regulations and an understanding of how the legislation is enforced.
Ability to manage workload effectively, organized with attention to detail and meet deadlines.
The ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team environment
Full UK Driving License is preferred
Language / Communication Skills:
Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the confidence to deal with internal teams and external suppliers/customers at all levels.
Working as part of a dedicated and passionate team of people you will be rewarded with free meals whilst on shift, free on-site parking and free uniform. We offer various training and development opportunities to our employees as we are committed to your sucess.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK, undertake a CRC (Criminal Record Check) and provide 5 years of checkable referencing history.
If you share our values of excellence, passion, integrity and accountability, dont miss out on this opportunity to join our team. Apply TODAY.
gategroup Competencies Required to be Successful in the Job:
Information Search and analysis & problem resolution skills
Understanding others, Team Leadership and Developing People
Influencing and building relationships, Motivating and Inspiring, Communicating effectively
Delivering business results under pressure, Championing Performance Improvement and Customer Focus
Demonstrated Values to be Successful in the Position
Employees at gategroup are expected to live our Values of Excellence, Integrity, Passion and Accountability. To demonstrate these Values, we expect to observe the following from everyone:
* We treat each other with respect and we act with integrity
* We communicate and keep each other informed
* We put our heads together to problem solve and deliver excellence as a team
* We have passion for our work and we pay attention to the little details
* We foster an environment of accountability, take responsibility for our actions and learn from our mistakes
* We do what we say we will do, when we say we are going to do it
* We care about our coworkers, always taking an opportunity to make someone’s day better
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the job being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. gategroup reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Candidates may be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
gategroup – an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to workforce diversity and actively encourage all qualified persons to seek employment with us, including, but not limited to, racial and ethnic minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.