3 months ago
Primary Function: Responsible for performing duties of installation, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs duties to install and maintain production machines and Plant equipment.
Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments.
Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and Plant facilities.
Performs some plumbing maintenance.
Uses a variety of hand, power tools, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
· Able to work in a production environment.
· Able to read and comprehend English.
· Able to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Able to write routine reports and short correspondence.
· Able to add , subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measures, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs. frequently.
· Able to lift and carry up to 10 lbs. continuously.
· Able to communicate effectively with co-workers and vendors.
· Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
· Complies with company and departmental policies and procedures, including company’s attendance policy.
· May be required to take hazardous waste training.
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Maintenance Technician Certification
4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC.
OSHA forklift certification.
Able to use Microsoft Office applications. (For data interpretation in charting and graphing of calibrations and uniformity surveys of heat treat processes, writing and correspondence of instructions, documentation and work techniques.
Normal Working Conditions
· Works independently on broad general assignments with the responsibility for planning of work. Makes major decisions within broad limitations of policies, referring to superiors when large investment or long-term programs are involved.
· Occasional sitting, driving, climbing, balancing, and crawling required.
. · Frequent reaching above shoulder level, reaching below shoulder level, stooping or squatting, and talking required.
· Continuous standing, walking, using hands to handle or feel, hearing, pushing or pulling required.
· Occasional work required in areas with wet or humid conditions-non-weather, in high precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor or weather conditions, extreme cold-non weather, extreme heat-non weather, risk of electric shock, risk of radiation and vibration.
· Environmental conditions encountered frequently are working near or with hazardous waste.
· Work in areas with Loud noise required. (Appropriate ear protection required.)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.