2 months ago
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The Maintenance Planner role is primarily responsible for the efficient planning and scheduling of maintenance activities for the Facilities Department located in East Hartford, CT. Existing planned maintenance activities will be reviewed for accuracy and appropriate schedule frequency. Development of maintenance plans for new and existing equipment starting with OEM requirements will be loaded into the CMMS system. Determination of critical spares for shelf stock will also be identified. Receives and reviews each completed work order for accuracy of information. Plan and schedule next period(s) work orders for in-house and vendor labor to increase overall effectiveness while increasing machine reliability and availability. The Maintenance Planner is also responsible for the store room, and ordering and receiving parts along with associated lubricants and chemicals.
* Following all safety rules and practices.
* Responsible for initial screening of incoming work orders, identification of scope, and analysis of required level of planning.
* Makes safety procedures, including lock-out/tag-out procedures available to employees. Ensures that all aspects of the existing company safety policy are incorporated into the job plan.
* Estimates required hours on work order tasks, total work order duration, and skills required to perform the task.
* Plans jobs with appropriate level of detail for the given skilled trades workforce.
* Writes clear and concise work procedures.
* Determines and arranges for parts required to perform the work (Kit materials).
* Upon completion of jobs, communicates with technicians regarding ideas and procedures that would make future jobs more efficient.
* Coordinates priority setting with the management team – places specific emphasis on obtaining the input of operations personnel in the setting of priorities.
* Can accurately measure the maintenance backlog in its various forms and continually maintains not less than 2 weeks of ready backlog at all times.
* Ensures all work orders and maintenance log items are closed when work is finished.
* Participates in outage planning activities such as scope identification and control, scheduling, coordination, risk assessment, execution, and continuous improvement.
* Communicates with third party contractor resources directly on specific work orders assigned to the contractors and the performance expectations of the work order.
* Participates with management personnel on improvement projects, particularly when they are related to the proactive maintenance plan.
* Compiles and delivers reports from CMMS (SAP) regarding the work execution management process.
* Selected candidate must have at 2 or more years working in a commercial/industrial environment with Facilities or equivalent
* Facility Planner background with job related facility maintenance experience and a strong knowledge of various mechanical and electrical building systems.
* Experience with CMMS systems including creating of maintenance plans, performance reporting, and data analysis.
* Ability to work with and effectively communicate with all levels of management personnel.
* Ability to encourage teamwork, participation and individual accountability.
* Strong business sense of a competitive economic environment and a dedication to be competitive.
* Ability to work independent without daily supervision.
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Facility Management, business or equivalent experience technical field.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.