10 months ago
The overall responsibilities of the Facilities Engineer are to supervise the installation of capital equipment to meet organizational goals, to assist the Facilities Manager in supervising the maintenance of the facility, and to manage plant environmental systems to meet all applicable local, state and federal legal requirements.
• Recommends, plans, and implements equipment needs to improve production efficiency and meet cost containment goals.
• Inspects capital equipment installations in process and at completion to ensure that standards of workmanship and safety are maintained.
• Orders equipment, supplies and services following established financial procedures.
• Plans, contracts and supervises all outside plant engineering services.
• Prepares capital appropriations requests to support plant needs for growth, productivity and safety improvements.
• Manages all plant environmental systems to meet applicable regulations.
• Prepare and submit all environmental reports to meet applicable regulations.
• Handles hazardous waste and provides hazardous waste training.
• Maintains long term growth plans for the facility.
• Maintains a positive work atmosphere which will result in excellent relationships with customers, clients, co-workers and supervisors.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
• Experience with maintaining plant electrical distribution systems and equipment.
• Thorough knowledge of the National Electrical Code and NFPA 70E.
• Minimum of five years maintenance/plant engineering experience.
• Thorough knowledge of electrical, mechanical, PLC controls, pneumatic and hydraulic manufacturing systems.
• Thorough knowledge of environmental requirements, regulations and systems
• Demonstrated record of successful people management and problem resolution.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.