9 months ago
As a Flight Systems Engineer you will lead teams to develop flight systems on complex satellite systems: Attitude Control Subsystem (ACS), Autonomy System (AS), Command and Data Handling Subsystem (C&DH) and Mission Systems Engineering and Operations (MSEO). For each system, you will develop requirements definition and flow down, systems design and analysis, systems integration, test and design validation, verification, and writing satellite operating procedures and support satellite operations.
You will be responsible for:
* Resolving technical issues and ensuring the spacecraft and system are flight worthy prior to delivery.
* Creating tools and techniques to optimize, analyze, and validate performance.
* Developing solutions to assure customer satisfaction and presenting those findings to customer and senior management.
* Performing trade studies to meet program requirements.
* Driving technology roadmaps.
* Teaching and coaching others.
* Working under minimal direction.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires an active SSBI/Special Programs Access US Security Clearance. (A US Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification:
Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
* Ability to lead projects and drive issues to closure.
* Ability to develop solutions to complex technical problems.
* Strong communication (both written and verbal).
* Proficient public speaker and ability to grow into lead positions that require diverse backgrounds.
* A team player.
* Ability to work with customers, program office, and interdisciplinary teams
* Leadership experience.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
* Systems Engineering experience.
* Electrical engineering skills.
* Experience with C/C++.
* MATLAB, VBA tool development experience.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award