3 months ago
Job ID#: 22447BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Experienced MQ-9 RPA Pilot Deployable
Job Category: Pilots
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a UAV Pilot to join our Flight Operations division located in our El Mirage Facility near Palmdale, California! This position requires you to be available for deployment assignments domestically and internationally at any time and for varying lengths of time.
Under general direction, this position is responsible for coordinating ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning, execution and briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and ground and flight safety. Serves as Pilot-in-Command (PIC) of assigned Unmanned Air Vehicle(s) (UAV) and as Instructor Pilot providing academic and in-flight instruction.
* Coordinates and actively participates in ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning, execution and briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and safety.
* Remotely pilots vehicle to determine compliance with specification and operational suitability during engineering tests and flight test/demonstration support through specifically prescribed tests and maneuvers.
* Defines, plans, organizes and executes flight programs and flight test events.
* Ensures compliance with service guidance, company policy and procedures and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations.
* May develop and verify procedures for use with new aircraft features and participates in the development of operational and safety procedures and training syllabus courseware.
* Conducts demonstrations and participates in operational ground and flight tests of assigned UAV(s). Represents the organization with military and commercial customers.
* Instructs UAV student pilots in ground and flight operations.
* Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
* Other duties as assigned or required.
* Relocation is provided for some positions.
* Typically requires education al training equivalent to the completion of a four-year technical degree or trade school equivalency and five or more years’ experience in UAV operation or aviation. Equivalent professional or military experience in UAV or aviation may be substituted in lieu of education.
* Must demonstrate a detailed understanding of UAV and FAA principles, theories and concepts.
* Must possess: (1) FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with a current instrument rating and ability to maintain commercial certificate and instrument currency or a specialized aircraft system qualification; (2) at least five hundred (500) hours as Pilot-in-Command (PIC) with UAV instructor or multiple UAV aircraft qualification; (3)ability to obtain DOD secret clearance as well as customer specific clearance(s); (4) excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately interface with all levels of employees and military and civilian customers, contractors and aircrew; and (5) detailed knowledge of computer operations and applications.
* The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD clearance.
* US citizenship required.
* USAF qualified MQ-9 pilot (LRE/MCE), with a current Form 8 is strongly desired.
* Possession of at least five hundred (500) hours as Pilot-In-Command (PIC) in the Predator/Reaper family of aircraft is strongly desired.
* Current instructor qualification in the Predator/Reaper family of aircraft is strongly desired.
* Certified Flight Instructor and Instrument rating (CFII) is highly desired.
* Ability to pass Pre/Post Deployment Medical and Dental Examinations
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Level Secret