about 1 month ago
Job ID#: 23831BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Experienced MQ-1C UGCS RPA Pilot Non-Deployable
Job Category: Pilots
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Non Deployable MQ-1C UGCS Pilot to join our Flight Operations located near Palmdale, California!
Under general direction, the MQ-1C UGCS Qualified/Non-Deployable Pilot III's will be responsible for coordinating ground flight operations efforts including mission planning, execution and briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and ground flight safety.
* Typically requires education or training equivalent to the completion of a four-year technical degree or trade school equivalency and five or more years experience in UAV operation or aviation. Equivalent professional or military experience in UAV or aviation may be substituted in lieu of education.
* Must demonstrate a detailed understanding of UAV and FAA principles, theories and concepts.
* Must possess: (1) FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with a current instrument rating and ability to maintain commercial certificate and instrument currency or a specialized aircraft system qualification; (2) at least five hundred (500) hours as Pilot-in-Command (PIC) with UAV instructor or multiple UAV aircraft qualification; (3)ability to obtain DOD security clearance as well as customer specific clearance(s); (4) excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately interface with all levels of employees and military and civilian customers, contractors and aircrew; and (5) detailed knowledge of computer operations and applications.
* The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
* US citizenship required.
* FAA Ratings such as FAA Private Pilot Certificate, FAA Instrument Rating, FAA Commercial Certificate, FAA Certified Flight Instructor, (CFI), FAA Certified Flight Instructor Instrument (CFII).
* 800 hours PIC with 500 Unmanned Aircraft hours in an UGCS or OSGCS.
* Graduate of DA or DES IO Course.
* Familiarity with Army forms, records and publications as well as Contractor Flight and Ground Operations procedures and records (DCMA 8210).
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Level Secret