8 months ago
Job ID#: 21400BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Experienced Aircraft Maintenance Coordinator
Job Category: Product Support
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity at our Palmdale Flight Operations Facility as an Experienced Aircraft Maintenance Coordinator. Under general supervision, this position is responsible for coordinating maintenance servicing, repairing and overhauling of aircraft, GCSs, and GDTs to ensure that all equipment is in good mechanical condition and safe for flight. Coordinates schedules maintenance and inspections, and verifies approvals are in place to release aircraft for flight. Develops a plan for hardware acquisition by coordinating with Program office, Production Planning, and Operations Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Coordinates maintenance servicing, repairing and overhauling of aircraft and Ground Support Equipment (GSE) to ensure that aircraft are ready for flight or ground test.
* Publishes aircraft and GSE status.
* Ensures that documentation is in compliance with government, company and customer policies.
* Forecasts and prioritizes aircraft maintenance and inspections by utilizing Program Planning to schedule preventative maintenance.
* Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
* Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices
* Other duties as assigned or required.
Typically requires an Associate’s degree or trade school certification plus eight or more years of military aircraft maintenance experience. May substitute additional experience in lieu of education.
* Five years maintenance management experience is highly desirable
* Requires strong knowledge of and experience in aircraft maintenance in a military aircraft environment; and the ability to demonstrate the practical application of those experiences to problems ordinarily encountered.
* Must have a strong understanding of applicable policies and procedures as well as a sound understanding of relevant regulations;
* Must be able to communicate and interface effectively with all levels of personnel, customers and vendors, analyze, interpret and explain non-routine information, establish priorities, respond to issues or situations that require evaluation and interpretation;
* Maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information. Must be capable in the use of Microsoft office and specialized functional area software and be able to work extended hours and all three shifts as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Level Secret