12 days ago
Job ID#: 24923BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Experienced Aircraft Electronics Technician
Job Category: Avionics/Electronics
City: China Lake
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an opportunity for an Experienced Aircraft Electronics Technician at our China Lake Facility in Ridgecrest, California.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Role of an Experienced Aircraft Electronics Technician
* Understand electronics technology and computer systems – In this job, you will perform troubleshooting and repairs of ground and airborne electronic equipment. You will perform inspections, preventative maintenance, installation, configuration, operation, test and repair of various technical systems in accordance with established operating proceduresto ensure safety of flight.
* Strong interpersonal skills and goodintegrity – You will interface with internal and external customers and provide technical guidance and training on remotely piloted aircraft systems and maintenance practices. This job requires strict adherence to the use of technical documents, policies, procedures and sound maintenance principles.
* Sound judgment and reasoning abilities –This job requires you to diagnose technical issues on complex systems and correct malfunctions returning equipment to flightworthy condition. You will utilize your vast experience, knowledge and troubleshooting skills to determine solutions to routine and complex problems. You will assess equipment condition to meet mission requirements and contribute to a safe operating environment.
* Current DoD security clearance.
* Other duties as assigned.
We Offer Fantastic Benefits
* Paid on-the-job training (OJT) program enables successful performance and career advancement.
* Competitive salaries in a pay-for-performance environment.
* 401(K) and Pension Plan with company contribution.
* Extensive relocation package.
* Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision benefits with coverage offered within the first 30 days.
* Enhanced benefits package including life and disability insurances, flexible spending accounts and legal plans.
* Regular Full Time
* 9/80 work week
* Shift work with paid differentials
Licenses, Certifications and Experience
* A&P License w/ NCATT – desirable
* FCC GROL – desirable
* 6 to 8 years of related work experience - desirable
* Typically requires educational training equivalent to the completion of a two-year technical degree or trade school equivalency as well as two or more years of experience in electronics, technology or aviation – diverse experiences welcomed. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
* Ability to analyze data, troubleshoot complex problems and recommend solutions, and perform a variety of non-routine tasks demonstrating considerable knowledge of electronic industry standards.
* Ability to apply good analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately assess, document and report equipment condition, maintenance actions and operational status.
* Ability to apply personal integrity, sound reasoning and judgment to ensure a safe work environment and flight safety.
* Must be able to read and interpret technical publications, engineering instructions, schematics, drawings, and blueprints.
* Must possess the ability to use standard electronic test equipment and specialized instruments to test and repair ground and airborne electronic equipment.
* Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
* Must be capable of walking long distances and standing for extended periods of time (2-3 hours at a time).
* Ability to work in extreme hot and cold weather conditions.
* Ability to crawl under aircraft as well as to climb/stand on ladders for extend periods of time (2-3 hours).
* Position requires frequent bending, kneeling and twisting.
* Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
US Citizenship Required? Yes
Clearance Level Secret