VHR has an exciting opportunity for an Expeditor/Assistant Buyer to join our prestigious Airline Clients team in West Sussex.
An individual with great communication and organisational skills will support the Supply Chain Purchasing team with the procurement of aircraft parts and Engineering services within an exciting and positively recognised global airline brand.
This is a full-time 6 (potentially 9 month) months contract with immediate start, possibility for an extension and attractive salary.
Responsibilities of the Expeditor/Assistant Buyer:
- Purchasing parts, spares and engineering services in the most cost effective and timely manner.
- Actively manage the operational performance of the suppliers through the enforcement of contractual terms and as appropriate, performance improvement plans.
- Relationship management with existing suppliers and building lasting relationships.
- Ensure vendors comply with all airworthiness and regulatory requirements.
- Actively contribute to the day to day running of the purchasing team to ensure departmental performance meets and strives to exceed KPI's.
- Support the Senior Buyer and Purchasing Manager with department projects.
Requirements of the Expeditor/Assistant Buyer:
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Commitment and ability to work under pressure in timely manner.
- Competence to demonstrate an understanding of the importance of compliance.
- Ability to assimilate and process complex data from a range of sources.
- Strong negotiator skills and ability expedite order processing.
- Previous experience working within engineering industry.
- Previous Supply Chain experience working within Aviation industry would be advantageous.
If you are interested in this position, please apply now. Alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com or call me on. I would love to hear from you today!
VHR is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
VHR is an international technical recruitment organisation providing world leading recruitment services and solutions to the Aerospace & Aviation, F1 & Automotive, Engineering & Defence and Marine industries around the world.