about 1 month ago
The Estimator prepares cost estimates and quotations for existing and new product per the customer requirements and ensuring profitability under the supervision and direction of the Customer Service Manager.
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate in English verbally and written.
• Understanding of wet chemical process, masking, aerospace painting, and grinding.
• Thorough knowledge of applicable process specifications and understands cause and effect relationships with pre and post process operations.
• Review and analyze customer RFQ documents including but not limited to specifications, data sheets, blueprints, drawings to determine material requirement, labor, processing time and effectively quote job accurately.
• Ensure RFQ meets company approved processing specifications.
• Utilize pricing workbook to ensure cost effectiveness and profitability.
• Carry out contract review throughout to ensure pricing and quotation accuracy.
• Prepare and track quotes using Microsoft Access.
• Create and submit estimate reports or bids to appropriate persons (GM, OM) before sending to customer
• Follow-up on RFQ’s submitted to customer and answer any concerns customer might have to secure business.
• Maintain records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments.
• Collaborates with other departments to ensure the customer needs are met.
• Complete assigned reports and special projects.
• Maintains work area clean and in orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
• Knowledge in Aerospace, Military and Government specifications and related documents.
Required Education and Experience
• B.S. degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Metallurgical or Manufacturing Engineering preferred, MS degree in engineering a plus; in lieu of Bachelor’s degree incumbent must have 15 years’ experience in an “hands-on" related field.
• 5+ years cost estimating experience
• Proficient Microsoft Office
Preferred Education and Experience
• 5+ years’ experience in chemical process related field