Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity. Estimating Engineer/Aircraft Interiors
Our client is a world-class strategic partner for engineering-driven organizations that develop, support, operate and maintain complex equipment. They serve a broad range of industry sectors, including commercial and VIP aviation, aerospace and defence, manufacturing and other industries.
This new role is based within our clients Interior Design Centre in Surrey; where they hold EASA and GCAA part 21 Design Organisation Approval (DOA). This centre has a highly skilled team of engineers that is growing. Overview
The candidate will be responsible for the creation of the Engineering support package required during the creation of Customer proposals within the aircraft interior modifications industry. You will be interfacing directly with the Engineering, Purchasing, Programme Management, Sales and Contracts teams. Key Responsibilities
- Working with the Business Development/Proposal team to review Customer requests for proposal to ascertain whether the request falls within the business’ strategy, experience and capability
- Working with all stakeholders to establish a ‘bid’ or ‘no bid’ decision for proposals
- Compiling comprehensive statements of work and bills of materials
- Establish assumptions and limitations required, based on proposal scope and information available
- Create sketches/LOPA’s in support of the proposal response as required
- Working with departments/specialists to collate/confirm task hours
- Collating all information into the proposal cost sheet and obtaining sign off
- Support tracking of active RFP’s
- Support handover meetings to Programme Management and Customer Kick-off meetings (when needed) to ensure work scope and budgets are clearly communicated
The successful candidate will ideally have a thorough working knowledge of aerospace engineering (mechanical and electrical), in particular aircraft interiors and avionics. An Engineering qualification is essential in addition to organisational and communication skills.
A working knowledge of EASA Part 21J design organisation approval would be beneficial but not essential. This is a fast paced role, requiring the candidate to be able to manage their workload priorities and meet deadlines effectively. An ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management is essential. The candidate must be skilled in MS Office applications, have experience with generating design documentation and proposals, providing cost and schedule estimates. Qualifications
Minimum Degree and/or at least 5 years' experience in related commercial aircraft interiors design is desired. Additional Information:
-Salary: Competitive plus benefits
-Job type: Permanent, full-time
- Location: United Kingdom, South
-Ability to travel domestically and internationally, sometimes at short notice
-Able to work independently To be considered for this role you must already have working and living rights for the UK. Sponsorship is not available.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to email@example.com Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.