about 1 year ago
Keyword: Equipment Maintenance electrical technician
Request Number: PPL-Électrotechnicien
Number of positions to fill: Location: Longueuil (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 4864-Maintenance Hourly
Sector: Campus 1
Level required: 613 - Electrotechnician
Posting Start Date: 2018-03-12
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial, regional, and general aviation aircraft and helicopters. With more than 60,000 engines in service in over 200 countries and territories, we are proud to be responsible for powering an aircraft that takes off or lands somewhere in the world every second of every day.
We are known for our culture of innovation and investment in R&D, our commitment to employee career advancement, and for giving our experts an excellent work-life balance. We offer a highly competitive salary, benefits package and rotating work hours in accordance with the terms of the collective agreement in force.
Power your life. Go Beyond with a career at Pratt and Whitney.
General responsibilities of the position: Pratt & Whitney Canada is powered by people like you.
At Pratt & Whitney Canada, we use state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment to make the world’s most trusted engines. Our business depends on this machinery operating at 100% on-demand. We rely on our equipment maintenance electrical technician and other maintenance specialists to ensure equipment is running smoothly at all times. By helping to assemble, install and maintain essential equipment, you play a key role in facilitating our advanced manufacturing processes and getting engines delivered to customers around the world on time.
Are you up for the challenge?
As the successful candidate, you are a problem-solver, constantly searching for ways to prevent potential problems in advance. You excel at analyzing situations and applying logic to overcome technically complex challenges, and are excited to be responsible for the maintenance of a shop full of expensive cutting-edge equipment. You are a team player, and enjoy being part of a group of highly skilled experts.
Specific responsibilities of position: As an equipment maintenance electrotechnician, you will be responsible for maintenance work of all kinds (preventive, predictive and corrective). You will carry out electrical and electronic repairs for a wide range of critical equipment and machinery based on standard processes, service requests and special instructions. You will also install and assemble equipment and perform other associated tasks according to operational needs.
More specifically, you will coordinate equipment maintenance and ensure work is carried out seamlessly by:
• Deciding where and how materials will be stored
• Estimating the scope of work and the materials needed for repairs or replacements
• Organizing work in collaboration with specialists in other trades
You will keep advanced manufacturing technology in excellent condition by:
• Installing, replacing, repairing, adjusting and aligning the parts of various equipment and machinery, including wiring, relays, circuit breakers, electronic components and controllers
• Maintaining, repairing, modifying, installing, testing and diagnosing electrical and electronic problems in numerical control machines and other equipment
• Using appropriate tools and equipment to check settings and performing adjustment and calibration to ensure proper operation
In order to effectively perform your maintenance work, you will also be expected to:
• Test equipment and ensure it performs according to specifications and operational requirements
• Drive various mobile devices and motorized vehicles such as forklifts
• Disconnect and connect electrical and electronic components
• Ensure that safety standards are met at all times in your work area
• Receive and move equipment, parts and other materials to their designated areas
• Identify and prepare orders or shipments of spare parts, ready-to-assemble kits and repairable components needed to do your work
• Complete all necessary documentation, obtain data from various information systems and keep various registrations up to date to ensure efficient operations with statistical process control
You will apply your keen problem-solving skills and demonstrate your relentless perfectionism by:
• Performing diagnostics to identify the source of problems
• Dismantling equipment to remove defective parts and maintain its integrity
• Searching for the cause of recurring trouble or breakage and recommending effective corrective measures
• Using PLCs to access ladder diagrams in order to perform troubleshooting and make improvements
• Proposing and implementing changes to upgrade equipment and machinery
Qualifications required: Technical:
• DEC in electronics, electrotechnics or industrial electronic technology
• Certificate of electrical skills (“C” license)
• Knowledge of PLC and CNC controls (Allen Bradley, Fanuc, Siemens)
• Expertise in equipment predictive analytics, machine monitoring requirements and machine safety
• Excellent understanding of lockout rules (audits)
• Familiarity with computer systems, Windows and MS Office suite
• Knowledge of robotics (Fanuc, ABB)
• Strong ability to read electrical drawings
• Must maintain the necessary government accreditations
• French proficiency (oral and written)
• Strong problem-solving capabilities and analytical mindset
• Team player with a positive, can-do attitude
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Knowledge of English an asset
• Proficiency in SAP an asset
Although each application is taken into consideration, only selected candidates will be contacted. Before being invited for interview, candidates must first pass a theoretical and practical test.
Field of studies: Aeronautics
Additional Information: Rotating working hours. Competitive vacation, benefits and salary all in accordance with the terms of the collective agreement in force.
The masculine pronoun is used without discrimination and solely for the purpose of making the text easier to read.
P&WC is an equal opportunities employer, seeking to promote diversity and inclusion. We will consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.