3 months ago
Job Category: Environmental Health and Safety
Location: Tampa, Florida
Title: Environmental Technician
Chromalloy is an integrated solutions provider for original equipment manufacturers, commercial airlines, militaries, oil and gas companies, and power companies, delivering innovative solutions to reduce manufacturing and operating expenses and extend the life of gas turbine engines. With locations in 11 countries, Chromalloy provides coatings, authorized repairs, castings and manufacturing overhauls, partnering with manufacturers and operators alike to provide the latest, most technologically advanced solutions.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a opening to join our EHS organization.
Day to Day:
Under the direction of the Environmental, Health, and Safety Department, serve as a resource to the Tampa Castings organization in the development of a world class Environmental, health and safety program and working toward a culture of zero accidents or incidents.
What you will do:
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Working knowledge of hazardous materials/hazardous wastes and associated local, state and federal regulations.
* Ability to understand and apply government regulations related to hazardous materials and wastes.
* Knowledge of air emission requirements and emissions testing.
* RCRA Hazardous Waste Management training, or ability to obtain.
* DOT Hazardous Materials training, or ability to obtain.
* Experience with SPCC and SWPPP programs.
* Good interpersonal relationship skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
What you need to succeed:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Facilitate implementation of EHS systems including Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental and Medical programs. Specific Responsibilities
* Stay updated with local, state and federal environmental regulations
* Develop and enforce environmental guidelines and practices
* Review and recommend improvements to existing environmental programs for compliance assurance.
* Generate environmental reports as requested by regulatory agencies.
* Prepare permit applications and agreements as needed by regulatory agencies.
* Work with emergency response team to address environmental incidents such as chemical leaks and spills.
* Identify and resolve potential environmental issues and/or potential violations.
* Conduct regular environmental inspections.
* Investigate environmental accidents and propose corrective actions.
* Assist with oversite of facility waste disposal and pollution control programs.
* Educate workers on environmental, health and safety procedures and programs.
* Updating plans and specifications for managing the hazardous chemical substances, providing back up plan in case of emergencies.
* Advising employees and contractors who are involved in handling hazardous materials.
* Maintaining all records of process, handling, and shipment hazardous materials.
* Disseminating Right-to-Know information (SDS online system)
* Performing other duties as assigned.
* Lead/facilitate Plant Safety Team meetings/activities.
* Assist in defining, obtaining, and coordinating necessary EHS reports, permits, communications and EHS self-assessments for the location.
* Develop and update EHS writing programs and safe work instructions.
* Assist the EHS Manager in defining, obtaining, and coordinating necessary EHS reports, permits, and communications.
* Work directly with front-line workers and supervisors to address day to day environmental, health and safety concerns.
* Complete Environmental, Health and Safety audits and inspections.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree or higher in physical, biological or environmental science or equivalent work experience. Experience with hazardous wastes, RCRA, DOT preferred.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidate is strongly preferred for this position.
Ability to define problems and draw valid conclusions.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Proficient computer skills in Microsoft software including Excel, Power Point & Word.
Chromalloy has big plans for the future, just like you. We recognize that it takes planning and hard work to get there. So we offer challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements. These additional items are required for the company to comply with various laws and regulatory rules.
Apply only for positions for which you are qualified. If your work experience, skills and background are incompatible with the requirements of the job, you will not be considered for it.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Chromalloy participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment, including harassment based on sexual orientation, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.