6 months ago
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $12 billion, global company.
With annual sales of $14.3 billion in fiscal year 2018, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of core company values. As a result, our business growth is impressive and consistent. Best of all, our team members share in the success that results from that growth.
To coordinate all aspects of environmental, health and safety (EHS) management to successfully meet or exceed site goals. Position has no direct reports. The position will report to the Division EH&S Manager with dotted responsibility to the Site Business Unit Leader.
• Compliance to environmental, health, and safety regulations. Implement and maintain environmental/health & safety management systems.
• Prepare & submit regulatory reports to local, state, federal & corporate entities as required.
• Monitor legislative changes and make recommendations based on their potential impact to the business.
• Maintain metrics in accordance with Division/Group/Corporate requirements.
• Assist the Facilities team, as needed, in implementing lean initiatives and general Facilities support.
• Manage and maintain the site's learning management system in support of EHS courses and job curriculums.
• Provide budget planning information for environmental fees & permits.
• Will coordinate energy conservation program and collect data to support improved conservation measures.
• Will oversee environmental programs and apply for all new permits and renewals. Ensures that required documentation and inspections are completed.
• Performs safety evaluations, runs site safety committee and ergonomics programs. Performs
• Instructor led training for EHS courses, as required.
• Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents company on specific projects and during regulatory & agency audits.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing results as needed.
• Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
• Support awareness and integration of EHS into other functional areas such as Lean, Quality, Supply Chain, HR, Sales, Service and Innovation. Leverage existing systems and procedures in those functional areas to the extent possible in EHS management.
• Supports an EHS culture of excellence for safety and environmental management through effective communication.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education and Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Engineering/Science or related field required.
• Engineering Degree and Professional EHS certification is desired.
• Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through six or more years of related experience in the EHS discipline.
• Proven competency in a team leader role for two or more years, and/or demonstrated leadership of major projects or programs in a team environment.
• Technical knowledge in the areas of science and chemistry related to EHS requirements in an industrial environment is a plus.
• Must be able to comprehend and interpret applicable EHS requirements and translate them into the business language for clear understanding by the business unit leaders and employees.
• Strong knowledge of environmental, health, and safety regulations.
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work independently, where needed.
• Demonstrated ability to influence people at all levels.
• Results oriented individual that is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Effective communicator, both verbal and written.
• Must have strong process skills for standardization, continuous improvement and program management.
• Must have a passion for EHS and able to translate into practical action.
• Must have good problem-solving skills and experience.
TYPICAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to operate a computer and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Also expected of the employee is regular attendance, the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others and members of the public, and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once. The employee may be required to travel to vendors or customers including overnight trips.
(The essential functions have been provided as examples of types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. The physical and mental demands described above are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for this position.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)