over 2 years ago
Environmental compliance lead manages special waste approvals and investigates findings about the environment; Assists operations management in maintaining compliance with air quality, wastewater and storm water permits, and issues. Conducts environmental investigations and waste acceptance programs; the environmental compliance manager deals with regulatory agencies; coordinates site inspections. The environmental compliance lead provides compliance support and direction and plans, implements and conducts programs to train managers and employees in compliance requirements and practices. He is also responsible for including techniques for handling hazardous materials, chemicals, and toxins in view of existing standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitors Federal, State, Regional and Local safety regulations for impact on task order operations.
• Collects samples and meteorological data to assist in evaluation of atmospheric pollutants; collects water samples from streams and lakes, or raw, semi-processed or processed water, industrial waste water, or water from other sources to assess pollution problem, and collects soil, silt, or mud to determine chemical composition and nature of pollutants.
• Prepares sample for testing, records data, and prepares summaries and charts for review, sets monitoring equipment to provide flow of information, installs, operates, and performs routine maintenance on gas and fluid flow.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent.
• Graduate of formal course with military or commercial certificate.
Skills and Experience:
• Minimum six (6) years of experience in environmental management.
• Must pass and possess a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) certification prior to hire.
• Effective communications skills in English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met be an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, and move about the facility. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment. In addition, this position requires the use of a computer, intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
: INL LOGISTICS
: United States-Florida
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran