about 1 month ago
* 01-Aug-2019 to 30-Aug-2019 (CST)
* TMG - MAD
* Madison, AL, USA
* Full Time
Responsible for assisting Manufacturing Engineer with process setups, prototype/production builds and continuous improvement projects.
* Modify electrical/mechanical prototypes, parts, assemblies, and system to correct functional deviations.
* Review of drawings to assist with the development of efficient processes.
* Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions
* Works with limited supervision.
* Develops process/work instructions.
* Knowledge in the following areas is a plus: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, Mechanical and Electrical drawings and schematics, SolidWorks, AutoCAD and Catia.
* Other Duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* Associates degree preferred.
* 3-6 years of experience in engineering or a related field.
* Good hardware and software skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Must be able to read and understand blueprints and schematics
* We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
* Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions
* Must be able to walk or stand on level and/or inclined surfaces and sit for extended periods of time.
* Must be able to routinely climb / descend stairs.
* On occasion must be able to lift 30 pounds.
* Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows / knees, and reach above / below shoulders.
Equal Opportunity Employer/VEVRAA/ADA
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities: Tyonek Native Corporation provides all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by law.