2 months ago
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Carson City, Nevada
Title: Engineering Technician
Chromalloy is an integrated solutions provider for original equipment manufacturers, commercial airlines, militaries, oil and gas companies, and power companies, delivering innovative solutions to reduce manufacturing and operating expenses and extend the life of gas turbine engines. With locations in 11 countries, Chromalloy provides coatings, authorized repairs, castings and manufacturing overhauls, partnering with manufacturers and operators alike to provide the latest, most technologically advanced solutions.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a opening to join our organization.
Day to Day:
* Create and modify CAD models and drawings
* Scan and geometrically evaluate parts
* Process trial parts and collect data for analysis
* Assist with manufacture and qualification of tools and fixtures
* Perform first article inspections
* Calibrate fixtures and part masters
* Perform first piece inspection
* Maintain calibration data base
* Document fixture design
* Document calibration procedures for fixtures and part masters
* Train production personnel on the use of CMM programs to perform first piece inspections
* Embrace/implement continuous improvement and lean principles in all activities
* Maintain department safety and housekeeping standards
* Ensure compliance with Quality Manual
* Adhere to all Company health, safety and environmental policies while performing job duties
* Adhere to and promote Corporate Code of Ethical Standards
What you will do:
As Engineering Technician, employee performs administrative and analytical level duties in support of the Engineering and QA functions. Employee would be focused on CMM and CAD processes supporting both Engineering projects as well as maintaining the company Quality system through calibration and first article/first piece inspections. Secondly, the employee will support Engineering by assisting with performing trials, CNC/Machine programming, and process improvements.
What you need to succeed:
* Proficiency in 3d CAD modeling. NX or Pro/E preferred.
* CMM operator experience preferred
* Basic understanding of GD&T
* Basic understanding of machining processes and methods
* CNC / Robotic Arm programming experience preferred
* Able to read and interpret documents, write reports and correspondence clearly and informatively
* High degree of professionalism with a focus on customer care
* Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
* Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to work effectively individually or as part of a team
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
* Strong computer skills
* Technical school diploma (2 years minimum), or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Preferred
* Able to read, write, speak and understand English
Chromalloy has big plans for the future, just like you. We recognize that it takes planning and hard work to get there. So we offer challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements. These additional items are required for the company to comply with various laws and regulatory rules.
Apply only for positions for which you are qualified. If your work experience, skills and background are incompatible with the requirements of the job, you will not be considered for it.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Chromalloy participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment, including harassment based on sexual orientation, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.