8 months ago
Oversee the activity of the engineering team at AZI, Chandler, AZ ensuring goals are aligned with and representative of the overall company’s directive. Acts as liaison between team members and the rest of the organization. Responsible for employee development, performance management, feedback discussions, task assignment, prioritization, and completion. The Engineering Team Leader shall maintain and develop a team able to execute projects effectively and efficiently with skills and capabilities aligned with the 5-year strategic plan
• Work closely with Director of Engineering to align team resources to meet goals, and support budget process and strategic planning.
• Responsible for a capable, technically strong team of 4 to 6 engineers. Experience with managing similar technical organizations is preferred. Includes adherence to schedules and budgets and resolving inevitable priority conflicts between NPD and needed support for Operations and Sales.
• Support the Director of Engineering with communication, planning and forecasting. Strong written and spoken language skills are required. The ability to clearly communicate goals and requirements to the team is essential, as well as working closely as a member of the AZI staff, and sharing feedback and results with management in Middleboro, MA.
• Work cross functionally to drive project success and support active products. Working closely with operations, finance, sales and marketing at AZI. Coordinate efforts among Engineering team, clients, and vendors.
• Enforce best engineering practices are applied in delivery of project documentation and technical work. Experience with technology development and product development; applies rigorous methods, procedures and tools to make effective and timely design decisions.
• Ensure all team members are meeting performance expectations and have appropriate development plans and technical training. Responsible for performance reviews. Identifies opportunities for training and development of team members.
• Part-time technical involvement on projects and design, coordinating team efforts as appropriate.
• Ensure Stage Gate Process for New Product Development (NPD) is adhered to and utilized. Anticipate and mitigate schedule delays.
• Identify and implement appropriate tools and infrastructure required to be productive, including CAD and CAE software, computers, network and desktop support and prototyping tools and test equipment. Coordinates local suppliers and ordering to support development activities.
• Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
• 10 + years engineering roles, preferably 3+ in leadership
• BSEE degree is required, or an advanced degree in electrical engineering or firmware/software development, or equivalent experience.
• Requires an experienced product development professional with hardware and firmware development experience.
• Experience with structured product development, creating and working to detailed plans and meeting phase gate criteria.
• Analytical skills as well as practical hands-on development experience are essential.
• Management of technical teams to meet deliverables, schedules and project budgets.
• Required to have demonstrated success in cross functional work environments; working with Sales, Operations and Finance.
• Experience working with engineering resources in India is a plus.
• Experience with laboratory instrumentation is desirable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.