6 months ago
Engineering Specialist, Hydro Mechanical Systems, Q400-TOR04606
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
We have an opening for an Hydro-Mechanical Systems Senior Engineering Specialist in the Q400 Product Engineering Department. In this position you will be coordinating all technical aspects of assigned design projects, provide technical support to the production line, and you will assist Customer Support with resolution of in-service problems and customer requests.This position is located in Toronto.
In your role, you will:
- Review and approve design documents such as vendor drawings, test procedures, qualification reports and certification documents.
- Prepare / define system specifications and requirements.
- Prepare plans for certification of new designs.
- Prepare technical reports to show compliance to the applicable certification requirements.
- Coordinate investigation and corrective action of specific in-service problems involving various systems, sub-systems and components and any continuing airworthiness issues.
- Provide technical solutions to the field and production line problems.
- Supervise / coordinate the work and mentoring of less experienced Engineers in the department.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a Bachelor or Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- You have 10 years working experience with design, qualification and certification test requirements of aircraft Hydro-Mechanical Systems.
- You have good working knowledge of TC, EASA and FAA certification requirements and advisory material applicable to aircraft Hydro-Mechanical Systems and you have experience working with TC, EASA or FAA staff.
- You are able to identify the required rig, ground and flight tests needed to certify an aircraft hydro-mechanical system.
- You are able to review the merits of different proposals for components, sub-systems and systems with regard to function, weight, reliability and safety and ensure that they are compatible within the hydro-mechanical system.
- You are, or are eligible to be a Transport Canada DAD.
- You are able to analyze complex Hydro Mechanical Systems, including the sizing of hydraulic pumps, motors, valves, actuators, manifolds and tubes.
- You are familiar with Aerospace Industry Standards and Design Practices, particularly those of the SAE.
- You are familiar with the Bombardier Engineering System and its applicability to Hydro-Mechanical Systems.
- You have strong integration skills, in both system partner management and system technical integration.
- You are familiar with Microsoft Office software tools as well as system simulation software.
- The position may require travel to Flight Test, Vendor or Operator sites.
- Knowledge of Bombardier systems, business process and Achieving Excellence System (AES). Working Experience with Bombardier Aerospace considered a strong asset.
- Knowledge of the Dash 8 aircraft design and operation is a strong asset.
- You have excellent organizational and planning skills, you are able to set priorities in order to achieve important milestones.
- You have strong communication skills; are able to communicate at all levels of the organization and to all levels of our customer and representative organizations.
- You have strong customer orientation.
- You are able to make decisions, which may involve others from various functions in order to exceed our customer’s needs.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 19.03.2019, 10:40:18 AM