4 months ago
Engineering Proj Mgmt Sr Stf
Job ID: 445707BR Date posted: Aug. 09, City: Orlando State: FloridaProgram: JP-9711
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. The information below provides the primary job description and responsibilities for this position.
Selected candidate will serve as a member of the Training Systems Solutions (TSS) Engineering Project Manager (EPM) team overseeing the technical execution JP9711 program.
- Act as the Engineering and Technology point of contact
- Ensure that program Engineering and Technology processes and procedures are defined and followed.
- Ensure that program technical resource needs are defined and met and working with the Functional organization to identify and secure appropriate staffing.
- Responsibility for overall Engineering and Technology cost, schedule and technical program performance while ensuring overall technical integrity of the delivered product.
- Track supplier technical performance
- Coordinate Change Management activities (revision control, software configuration changes, change board, etc.)
- Develop and track Technical Performance Measures (TPM) and metrics to measure project progress and identify, assess and mitigate risks.
- Brief the program and customer on the status of the technical design of the devices.
- The selected candidate will be an Engineering Project Manager (EPM) responsible for all phases of the JP-9711 programs activities: Requirements Management, System Design, HW and SW Development, I&T, Verification & Validation, Production, Deployment, and Sustainment.
- Lead a team consisting of LM, contractor, and major subcontractors responsible for system, subsystem, component and part design/development and/or procurement, interfacing with product support teams to ensure the product complies with export control, configuration management Release Management and information assurance requirements, while supporting multiple partner & Foreign Military Sales customers.
- Conduct Project Reviews with Customer & Suppliers and identify and mitigate cost, technical, and schedule risks.
- Define and ensure proper staffing levels and management of engineering disciplines across multiple projects.
- ~20% Travel will be required
Candidate must have Engineering experience including Engineering Project Management and program execution experience. This experience must include program planning, cost, schedule, performance and subcontract management.
Candidate must have demonstrated experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment, must be process oriented and highly experienced in maturing a total system solution throughout the entire system lifecycle from identification of stakeholder needs through sustainment.
Minimum of 10+ years of professional experience supporting the systems engineering discipline addressing challenging DOD and/or commercial requirements for systems, and product design architectures.
Proven leadership experience with demonstrated accomplishments and career growth in the area of complex, IT based, sustainment infrastructure deployment, system development/integration/test, and project leadership is highly desirable.
Previous department level management experience considered a plus.
Demonstrated expertise in System Engineering process with a focus on development of products.
- Direct experience in aircraft/flight simulation development and training.
- Domain experience with Rotary Flight Simulation architecture.
- Experience working with multiple technical Subcontractors.
- Training/Simulation background, familiarity and/or experience with complex IT and hardware design based trainers.
- Strong System engineering and Integration experience with complex real time systems including network and operating system infrastructures.
- CAM experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS Relocation Available: Yes Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First