about 1 year ago
Engineering Manager, Systems & Electrical
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation (NASDAQ: ATRO) serves the world's aerospace, defense, and semiconductor industries with proven, innovative technology solutions. We work side-by-side with customers, integrating our array of power, connectivity, lighting, structure, interior, and test technologies to solve complex challenges. For 50 years, we've delivered creative, customer-focused solutions with exceptional responsiveness. Today global airframe manufacturers, airlines, military branches, completion centers, and Fortune 500 companies rely on the collaborative spirit and innovation of Astronics.
We offer our breadth of technology solutions and services through 11 subsidiary business units and numerous award-winning product brands. Serving our customers is our first priority, and every day we honor this mission with quality, partnership, and energetic global vision.
Engineering Manager, Systems & Electrical (AeroSat)
Astronics AeroSat keeps people connected no matter where they fly. For over a decade, Astronics AeroSat has provided fuselage- and tail-mounted SATCOM solutions for general aviation, business aviation, commercial transport, VVIP, and military aircraft around the world. We design and manufacture fuselage and tail-mounted antenna systems that provide revolutionary global broadband and television services for passengers and crew.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager, Systems & Electrical to lead part of a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex systems. This position is working on new products and enhancement of existing products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Manage individual contributing technical talent and be responsible for small teams of engineers.
* Leverage advanced principles, theories, and concepts of complex technical subjects to provide direction for employees.
* Responsible for success (technical, cost, schedule, product integrity, manufacturability etc.) of assigned/allocated tasks and activities.
* Responsible for tactical execution of day to day operations.
* Assign technical resources to work assignments.
* Provide accurate and timely information to assigned personnel regarding salary planning, performance appraisals, career coaching and disciplinary action as required
* Responsible for assimilation of new hires.
* Approves work scope for assigned portion of the overall program.
* Ensures compliance to development processes and standard work requirements.
* Acquire and develop technical resources which contribute to the completion of projects.
* Oversees and participates in the development of engineering bids to ensure success.
* Oversee development work being performed by third-party partners or subcontract labor.
Qualifications and Experience
* Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 8+ years of experience in an engineering position.
* 3+ years of direct experience in a leadership position.
* Proven ability to lead teams of highly skilled engineers in the successful design and development of complex systems is required.
* Demonstrated ability to lead, guide, coach, mentor and train team members.
* Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the engineering team on track.
* Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment.
* Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience.
* Strong ability to rationalize engineering design choices and business value trade-offs.
* Analytical and mathematical mind, capable of evaluating and solving various complex problems.
* Knowledgeable in the area of antenna systems technology, satellite communications, satellite link budgets, and satellite MODEMs preferred.
* Experienced with Linux operating system a plus.
* This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation.
Astronics AeroSat Corporation
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.