4 months ago
McWilliams Forge Company, in Rockaway, NJ, is a well-established leader in the manufacture of precision forged products for the aerospace industry. The company is a division of Precision Castparts Corp. (PCP) a public company and operates as a stand-alone entity.
Lead and provide strategic direction, and support for all aspects of Engineering. The primary responsibilities of the position are to oversee the engineering activities supporting production processes along with capital and continuous improvement projects.
* Develop and implement policies, programs and procedures for the department that ensure its effective operation while supporting the company’s objectives.
* Manage the functions of design engineering, manufacturing engineering, product development, tooling and process engineering personnel.
* Provide technical engineering expertise to assure and maintain effective program launches, safe, efficient and reliable manufacturing processes and successful continuous process projects.
* Identify technical skills (internal and external) required to meet the project schedule.
* Participate in cross-departmental groups investigating problems, developing solutions and preparing related recommendations and reports.
* Provide technical direction and project management guidance to the team of engineers.
* Develop strategies to assist in the overall performance of the engineering function.
* Create and design cost reductions, lead time and/or quality improvement processes.
* Implement and sustain 6S and continuous improvement processes for the engineering function.
5 to 10 years of experience preferably in Aerospace
B.S./M.S. Mechanical Engineering
Engineering Management experience in a related manufacturing environment
Sustainable continuous improvement experience (6S, Kaizen, BSM, etc.)
US Citizenship or Perm Residency is required due to government military contracts.
Wyman Gordon is committed to hiring, promoting and transferring employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin (where a person was born), sex, age, ancestry (ethnic heritage), citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other reason prohibited by law. Decisions as to hiring, promoting or transferring employees should be based solely upon job-related qualifications.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.