4 months ago
Lead the engineering function and coordinate projects for key customer accounts. Under limited supervision, and with independent initiative, responsible for defining the processes and techniques required for the economical production of investment castings to prescribed quality and delivery requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Own the P&L for scrap and rework and report results monthly.
• Own the design and development of new part introduction and report results monthly.
• Translate business metrics into individual goals and project assignments for a team of engineers and technicians.
• Manage capital projects related to process improvement.
• Regularly direct, instruct, advise, assist and manage employees to schedules, methods, standards of performance, and other matters affecting their parts.
• Must maintain discipline, morale and professionalism when dealing with staff, customers, department supervisors and hourly employees. Manage complaints and issues within the limits of established company policy.
• Responsible for training and developing engineers.
• Responsible for hiring decisions on new engineers.
• Work in close conjunction with customers, Production Control, Quality Control and other areas on topics related to new part introduction, alloy, casting design or tooling. Must also have the willingness and ability to effectively interact with all employees.
• Identify key areas for business improvement from a cost perspective.
• Will occasionally attend seminars, trade shows, and engineering, sales production, and other meetings as required.
• Frequently review technical literature to stay abreast of industry and other changes and/or advancements.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering, or the equivalent in technical and/or theoretical training. MS or MBA preferred.
• Casting Experience will be a plus, however, strong leadership is the key to succeeding in this position.
• Ability to multitask and leverage resources.
• Ability and desire to hold people accountable to schedules, milestones, and delivery of results.