8 months ago
The Engineering Manager ensures that a Engineering function’s everyday activities run smoothly. The Engineering Manager often set parameters to judge how efficiently and effectively the function is operating and meeting deliverable deadlines.
The Engineering Manager will report to the Technical Director
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Understand, adhere, and demonstrate to the company’s commitment to QUALITY and SAFETY!
• Directs and coordinates the activities of the line and staff components of the organizational unit toward the achievement of established objectives.
• Is responsible for the full range of engineering activities at the division, including programming, planning, manufacturing process, tooling, and other engineering related activities.
• Provides guidance and analysis in appraising the effectiveness of all engineering activities.
• Develops and implements engineering strategies and goals to meet the Division's financial and non-financial objectives.
• Maximizes productivity and minimize cost while achieving safety, quality, inventory and throughput targets.
• Defines, develops, and establishes an organizational structure to optimize operating efficiency.
• Reviews and plans for daily, weekly, and quarterly labor, equipment, tooling and supply requirements to achieve area throughput while meeting and exceeding productivity targets.
• Effectively collaborate with manufacturing operations, quality engineering, and operations to achieve scrap, cost and safety requirements.
• Develops area priorities as it relates to plant requirements and communicate daily with operations, quality, production control, finance, human resources, production, and suppliers; measure performance against stated priorities.
• Leads the team in developing and implementing effective systems for improving internal and external quality, cost improvements and on-time delivery to the customer requirements.
• Performs performance appraisals on supervised subordinates. Develops subordinate leads to ensure continued effective management.
• Analyzes variable labor costs daily, work with supervisors to determine required staffing levels and support labor re-allocation across the plant as required.
• Carries out management responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; evaluating and appraising individual performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Supports a zero injury culture by pro-actively complying with all environmental safe practices and regulations.
• Reads all MSDS’ and possesses thorough knowledge of all oil and chemical labeling and storage requirements.
• Conducts EH&S self-inspection and safety huddles in areas of responsibility.
• Administers policies and procedures as required.
• Provides effective leadership and acts in a manner that maintains a positive and productive work environment with customers, clients, co-workers and area employees.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested by Plant General Manager.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point); Knowledge in Microsoft Project is helpful, but not required.
• Proficient use of MRP/ERP/DRP Systems.
• Knowledge of Machining and/or Manufacturing.
• Strong ability to prioritize, planning, time management and project management skills.
• Ability to interpret Metrics such as Variable costing, Earned standard hours etc.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate to other groups within the organization.
• Experience with project management.
• Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, while identifying the best people for the job.
5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred
Level of Education