· Responsibility for the engineering department including personnel responsibility for power plant engineers, repair engineers and production engineers. Including, but not limited to, training and development plans and performance management.
· Provide engineering support to the production department on engine repairs and alteration, configuration control and maintenance data. Ensure clear maintenance instructions are given to operations, based on customer contracts information and customer maintenance documents
· Develop internal technical engineering procedures and standards; obtain authorities and customer approval as required; co-ordinate with customer in optimising maintenance programs
· Evaluate improvements, modifications (Ref. Service Bulletins etc.) and repairs including communication with applicable customer, suppliers and the OEM.
· Support production to help reduce lead times and hours, resolve EH&S issues and improve quality metrics
· Together with production identify opportunities to add value to the business by developing new internal repair capabilities, where applicable
· Work with the supply chain organisation to identify opportunities for material cost reduction, lead time reduction and adding more value to the company.
· Coordinate the control of technical documentation as per EASA- 145 requirements
· Reporting deviations within the EASA- 145 organisation as required per. and Part-145.A.60.
· Performing corrective actions based on discrepancies reported by audits.
· Perform work in compliance with all applicable regulations and requirements.
· Ensure procedures and descriptions related to engineering processes are kept updated in MOE, BMS system and related maintenance documents outlined by regulatory authorities.
· Degree in Engineering or equivalent formal education
· Minimum five to eight years aviation experience with Aircraft Engines type CFM56-3, CFM56-7B or CFM56-5B of which at least five years should be practical maintenance experience with hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
· Good English skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Solution oriented
· Efficient and accurate