7 months ago
Responsibilities and Qualifications
* Work as a member of an integrated, interdisciplinary product team to develop solutions for various projects and applications
* Create preliminary or final drawings of proposed parts and assemblies from design engineer’s computer models
* Extract or modify designs based upon manufacturing capabilities
* Collaborate with the fabrication/testing of concept designs and assist with development of testing of parts and assemblies
* Complete action items, test requirements, release orders, change orders, 3-D models, part drawings, and assembly drawings
* Prepare manufacturing drawings to ANSI Y14.5M standards using GD&T for manufacturability and repeatability
* Troubleshoot manufacturing and assembly issues while working with technicians and production teams
* Five years working experience in industrial design, architecture, aerospace and spacecraft design, inflatable aircraft design, high altitude spacecraft design, engineering or product development
* Drafting certification or Bachelor’s degree in industrial design, engineering or aerospace or extensive experience in computer aided drafting
* Proficient in SolidWorks and transformation of 3D models to drawing
* Ability to multi-task, be a self starter, work under pressure and meet deadlines consistently
* Must have a high level of technical skill, attention to detail, and good written and oral communication skills
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.