8 months ago
Manage resources per project manager’s requests and man power studies to meet project schedules and business objectives. This includes the interviewing and hiring new candidates.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Provide technical leadership to the engineering group within Continuing Logistics Support (CLS) organization – providing subject matter expertise in both traditional Systems Engineering as well as Systems Integration.
* Develop standard bases of estimation for use by those within his/her functional team when bidding programs, and review bids for consistency across the company, leveraging past performance and precedence as a tool for validation.
* Act as a technical liaison between new design engineering and CLS engineering support in program/technical reviews, proposal efforts and surge support during new developmental efforts, as required
* Support the business development organization in proposal reviews and responses, as required
* Facilitate staff planning, fulfillment and resource placement across programs
* Collaborate directly with Chief Engineers and Program Managers to ensure engineering support is well-coordinated and delivered accordingly
* Manage direct reports for engineers
* Approve all timecards, both direct and contractual engineering personnel
* Ensure that engineering hours expended are productively meeting project goals and budgets
* Represent the engineering department at all management level meetings as requested
* Serve as interface between the project managers, customers, and engineering department personnel
* Ensure that the engineering design, documentation, and approvals meet the project schedules and are obtained in a timely manner
* Perform special projects, create new procedures, and provide technical direction as assigned
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Follow SNC policies, procedures and work instructions for all technical activities
Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
Other duties as assigned
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training and adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance Regulations (internal and external)
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Requires a BS/BA in engineering, math, science, or related field
* Advanced degree in Engineering or Management is desired
* Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated success as a technical lead within the specified engineering function, or equivalent and 6+ years of overall engineering experience
* Demonstrated success managing personnel is a plus
* Project engineering and/or program management experience is preferred, specifically as it pertains to planning and estimating
* Previous experience in production/modification environment preferred
* Technical writing and proposal development experience is required
* Previous experience managing an engineering organization highly desirable
* Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to motivate/work with others
* Self-starter and a problem solver; must have the ability to see the big picture and implement changes as required
* Proficiency with spreadsheets, schedule programs, presentation software
* Must be knowledgeable and experienced in Program Management and Business Development activities
* Excellent communication skills required
* Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams
* Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment with emphasizes in rapid prototyping and fielding of capabilities
* Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix.
* This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.