10 months ago
Changes or revises aviation technical manuals and illustrated parts catalog data using a variety of automated research tools and authoring systems. Meets or exceeds customer expectations through effective communication and timely delivery of products. Should take on progressively more difficult work assignments.
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent college degree/certification preferred. FAA Airframe and Power Plant license a plus.
* 3 or more years of experience in related discipline or successful performance as Engineering Data Author I.
* Ability to prepare and draw illustrations for reproduction from source data is a plus.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
Basic PC and MS Windows skills. Attention to detail. Time Management. Flexible and Adaptable. Analytical problem solving.
* Manages daily workload and priorities using the applicable workload management system.
* Follows desktop procedures, publication standards and government/customer specifications for authoring.
* Understands and can effectively communicate ISO processes to company, customer, ISO auditors and representatives.
* Perform routine data analysis duties with little to no supervision, and meet production schedules and input goals.
* Marks up requests and/or illustrations and submits using established procedures.
* Uses effective communication to work through problems and ensure timely delivery of authoring tasks.
* Take on mildly complex tasks initially. Work toward taking on progressively more difficult work assignments over time.
* Meet and sustain production/quality (performance) standards.
* Display intermediate understanding of workflow and tracking systems.
* Determine proper effectivity and applicability for each authoring job.
* Performs a thorough self-check of authored material.
* Begin recognizing any non-conformity found, in accordance with established procedures, is able to work on suggesting recommendations for corrections.
* Become familiar with comparing the product to incoming source data for the purpose of verifying technical accuracy.
* Show the ability to perform cross-referencing tasks and verifies information.
* Be able to perform some basic functionalization and relationship building.
* Other duties as assigned.