7 months ago
Job Title: Engineering Co-Op Student
Reports To: Engineering Manager/Area Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The co-op student will be working on job assignments related to their functional engineering discipline. These increasingly challenging assignments will provide foremost an effective learning assignment and then a sound intellectual and/or financial return for the PCC organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* The student will apply principles that he or she has learned in school to hands-on situations, such as process and product design and improvement.
* The student will be responsible for accomplishing performance goals and will receive progressive responsibility in process and /or product engineering throughout his/her co-op experience.
* Will identify and recommend process improvements for specified projects.
* Student will attend regular departmental meeting.
* Student will attend training sessions, symposiums and other appropriate educational opportunities.
* Will perform or review systems analysis, testing, and documentation for existing processes.
* Will take ownership and responsibility for identified projects.
* Participate on project teams for assigned projects; analyze improvements and new product or applications and develop requirements and specifications with team.
* Work within specifications provided to meet project goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner
* Participate with peers, project team members, and other departments on new product development, product line extensions, and product enhancements
* Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* Currently enrolled student (Junior/Senior) pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
Full-time student pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Materials, Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering.
Must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
* Knowledge of related engineering discipline functional and technical skills
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Access
* Good writing skills and interpersonal skills
* US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Complies with company and departmental policies and procedures, including company’s attendance policy.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).