7 months ago
Under close supervision, assists engineers and staff in completing manufacturing engineering projects. The position is temporary.
1. Develops drawings and other engineering documentation to improve manufacturing production and product quality.
2. Assists engineers in designing assembly tool for our heading equipment.
3. Develops action plans and schedules to prioritize activities for the completion of assigned projects in a timely manner.
4. Analyzes specifications and drawings to ensure that products are manufactured to the customer’s requirements.
5. Develops written status reports for immediate supervisors dealing with various equipment problems investigated and the proposed solutions.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
MINIMUM EDUCATION • Current college student in Engineering discipline
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE • Pro Engineer software
• Balances figures
• Blueprint reading
• Composes letters/memorandums
• Enters data into computer programs
• Proofreads documents
• Uses computer software (MS office) Excel, Word
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION • None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.